 Castle / 12929
Re: Legend theory
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 15 Apr 2002 05:23:34 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Frank Filz writes:
You know, these posts just really take the cake. We've been hearing
about all these complaints about juniorization, and then when TLC offers
to release a non-juniorized set, we get complaints about the price and
the fact that it's all just "basic" bricks.

Well, speaking only for myself, I am just weighing in on which sets might be
the best value.  I would absolutely buy a 100% reproduction of the yellow
castle -- but in case you missed it, the yellow castle Legend set as
presented to us is one pointedly filled with compromises, some known --
others unknown. Given that, it is just a pile of yellow bricks.  Once that
is concluded, I start thinking about blue buckets v $70 piles of bricks.
You do the math.

I disagree that the discussion is without purpose except to air pointless
complaints -- disagree strongly.  If you do not like it, then do not
participate.  At the very least, try for something on point.  I don't feel
like rereading the thread, but I don't recall juniorization being a
significant part of it until you mentioned it...

I have enthusiastically supported the legends line in the past; and even
though such support is unnecessary to my offering comments --  I trust that
there can be no cause to begrudge me my trying to make hopefully useful
suggestions that might result in bettering the products offered.

To my mind, yours is the only fruitless complaint so far, Frank.  I too
realize that some people just can't get on in life without complaining about
something.

-- Hop-Frog