 Castle / 12919
Re: Legend theory
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 15 Apr 2002 01:01:35 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Frank Filz writes:
richard marchetti wrote:

In lugnet.castle, Matt Hein writes:
If it were in the $40 price range, I would buy it, but at $70, forget it. I
think they should lower the prices, and add more variety to the selection.

One factor that should determine price is the degree to which the set cannot
be reproduced faithfully (as with the yellow castle where the helmets and
visors will almost certainly be very different from the original release, as
will the 1x1x1 windows) -- frankly, what's the point of this set without
those unique elements? Once you acknowledge that the compromises will have
to be made, a related factor -- as you point out -- should be the fact the
set is comprised of many smallish common elements in yellow.  So yeah, at
$70 a bunch of yellow bricks doesn't impress me much either...

You know, these posts just really take the cake. We've been hearing
about all these complaints about juniorization, and then when TLC offers
to release a non-juniorized set, we get complaints about the price and
the fact that it's all just "basic" bricks.

Of course I also realize some people just can't get on in life without
complaining about something.

Frank

Whoooooooooooooo!

Good4u!!!