 Castle / 12907
12906  |  12908
Subject:
Battrax (was Re: Legend voting)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 14 Apr 2002 07:58:37 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Bruce Schlickbernd writes:
With the Castle vote split to some degree, my bet is on the Battrax to win >out.

It just might at that.  I had been looking at a VERY good condition original
release of the Battrax this afternoon and making a mental list of what is
good about the set.

Despite being constructed of so many common elements, many of which have
been available until quite recently, there are some interesting elements in
that little set.  Just to list a few: the black window frames and shutters,
the BT1 insignia printed nose, the huge technic wheels and tires, the
trans-yellow canopy and extender, and if they do it right -- trans-yellow
hoses! Not to mention the deadly, yet strangely happy, little BT1 one guy...

The price is about right too -- at $25 a pop people can buy one or several
and it's still cheap for the elements acquired.  Heck, I know some kids that
can spend $25 on an impulse buy -- things were very different for me when I
was a kid.

-- Hop-Frog