 Castle / 10600 (+100)
  Re: Tower of the Mystic Stone

(...) I love the way you get the reader involved... very well done.... and I love that blue roof... very nice.... Kev...: ) (23 years ago, 2-Oct-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Tower of the Mystic Stone

(...) I also like the way it can be taken apart and the way you used the Harry Potter piecs to help give it atmosphere (like the frog and rat). Yesterday I made a house that has a crystal ball that lights up in it. I don't think the building it self (...) (23 years ago, 2-Oct-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: teaser

Yes, nice courtyard type of scene. I like the shields, looking forward to closeups of those! (23 years ago, 2-Oct-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Tower of the Mystic Stone

(...) Thanks for the compliments, Kevin. Its no Andrastavia, but I'm proud of it :) (23 years ago, 2-Oct-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Lego Dragons question

(...) That seems to be pretty complete, but I'm cross-posting this to .castle as people there would be more likely to know. BEN GATRELLE (23 years ago, 2-Oct-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle)

  another city, and a fort

I've finished building and posting my latest town, Glen Caer: (URL) there is the house of the family Luyi, called Kyamitsu: (URL) ive added some more characters, some who are more periphery, but may eventually develop importance. and on my (...) (23 years ago, 3-Oct-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.space) !

  Re: another city, and a fort

(...) Tor Kunde almost looks like it's scowling with those slopes like that. (...) -Jason (URL) (23 years ago, 3-Oct-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Jousting/fair pics

Well, a couple of weeks ago I finally got my first digital camera (Canon S110). So I decided to build something that I could test it out on that would be quick and something I wouldn't mind taking apart after. So over the course of a weekend, I came (...) (23 years ago, 3-Oct-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Jousting/fair pics

good grief. How long did that take to set up :) there's a nice range of characters there and a nice 'busy' air about the pictures. oh and you have to many minifigs - good on you lookin good James "Jimmy Park" <madoka@jps.net> wrote in message (...) (23 years ago, 4-Oct-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Jousting/fair pics

(...) Jimmy, Golly, what a lot of minifigs, and what neat scenes. But explain the cheating to me, please. George (23 years ago, 3-Oct-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Jousting/fair pics

(...) All the items the good captain has for sale are not genuine LEGO brand products. But what would you expect from a pirate? ;) Also the black machete in this pic is also not LEGO, but does fit in a minifig's hand: (URL) (23 years ago, 3-Oct-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Jousting/fair pics

(...) The dagger looks like a black Playmobile one, am I right? Also, this may be a dumb question, but did you paint that Axe/Halberd? I did not know those came in black. If so, which set? (23 years ago, 3-Oct-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Jousting/fair pics

WOWWEEE! What a congregation of minifigs and food! Especially those Wolf Pack. But where's Wilfred of Ivanhoe?:) Great Job! ~~Clay S. ---...--- (URL) (23 years ago, 3-Oct-01, to lugnet.castle)

  New Castle up on my site

The pictures of my latest MOC are up on my site please LMKWYT James www.minifig.co.uk (23 years ago, 4-Oct-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.uk) !

  The Guarded Inn just "felt" right

Unlike everyone else who seemed to order 10000 right out of the gate, I just now got around to getting this Legends kit. I won't gush about it... this has been talked about so much before here. Rather, I just wanted to say that it felt so good to (...) (23 years ago, 3-Oct-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Forestmen's Caveren

Well after months of building (and a little time off building mecha) I have (almost) finished my Forestmen's Cave. it is built on 4 32x32 base plates and comes apart into sections. The first section has been built for about a year the second part I (...) (23 years ago, 3-Oct-01, to lugnet.castle) !

  Re: Jousting/fair pics

(...) --Kevin W. § (23 years ago, 4-Oct-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New Castle up on my site

(...) A lot of good looking castles. You have some great MOCs. --Kevin W. § (23 years ago, 4-Oct-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Forestmen's Caveren

(...) Nice forest feel to it and I like the way it comes apart. You have spent some time on this and I think it has paid off. --Kevin W. § (23 years ago, 4-Oct-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New Castle up on my site

(...) I love ya new castle.. very neat.... and realistic in design... LOOKS GREAT Kev...: ) www.ozbricks.com/andrastavia (23 years ago, 3-Oct-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: New Castle up on my site

Very nice design, very natural looking. I like the way you used the red "endcap" roof piece at the end of the roof; even though it doesn't match up exactly, it still looks pretty natural. I also really like your custom torsos (the bird design), but (...) (23 years ago, 4-Oct-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Jousting/fair pics

(...) Yes, that knife is from a Playmobil set! (...) No, that halberd isn't painted. It's from a Lego Roborider set: (URL) (23 years ago, 4-Oct-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Updates to my site

Good day to everyone! There have been a lot of really great work done and posted in the last week. I thought I'd throw some of my stuff in the ring too! I have a 'What's New!' page on my web site to help people find the latest stuff. Once a site (...) (23 years ago, 4-Oct-01, to lugnet.castle) !

  Re: New Castle up on my site

(...) I agree about good usage of the red tower piece. It really added a lot of character to the design. I also missed your 9-10 submission, red house with a courtyard. Another fine piece of work! Brian K> The eagle emblem wasn't released here in (...) (23 years ago, 4-Oct-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: New Castle up on my site

The eagle emblem is the design off the foam shield. I took a photo and traced it in fireworks. I will put both the designs on the site for downloading and printing thanks James "Brian Kasprzyk" <brian.kasprzyk@westgroup.com> wrote in message (...) (23 years ago, 4-Oct-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: New Castle up on my site

Nice work James! Can you tell me where you got the red "end-cap" roof piece? Cheers, Paul. (...) (23 years ago, 4-Oct-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: New Castle up on my site

Cool detailed, compact castle! Nice work! I especially like how you have made that big triangular building part of the wall, it helps give the castle character and the impression of being a home for dozens of people instead of just a fortress, with (...) (23 years ago, 4-Oct-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Updates to my site

I love the new castle, pretty huge for what is essentially a free standing keep! Like the idea of the bell towers a lot! The town hall has a great exterior look, great to see the half timbered look (in green, which I haven't seen before) mixed with (...) (23 years ago, 4-Oct-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New Castle up on my site

(...) I believe that piece came in a few (older) castle sets: 1906 Majisto's Tower has 1 6082 Fire Breathing Fortress has 1 9376 Lego Dacta Castle Set has at least 3 (probably 4) There may be other sets, but I'd consider this piece pretty rare... (...) (23 years ago, 4-Oct-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: New Castle up on my site

(...) Looks great, James. I really like that balcony. This whole castle reminds me of a more Lego-esque style. The red roof looks good too. -Jason (URL) (23 years ago, 4-Oct-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Forestmen's Caveren

(...) I wanted to make something that could be built a section at a time and that could be expanded (and that other people could add to as well) plus it makes it easier to get to the inside to move around the minifigs. I plan to replace most of the (...) (23 years ago, 4-Oct-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Forestmen's Caveren

(...) Sounds good. Do you have a trapdoor on the forest floor that they could use to get in and out through? Whith this you could always add more if you felt like it. --Kevin W. § (23 years ago, 5-Oct-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Guarded Inn just "felt" right

(...) Agree totally. Especially compared to the most recent castle lego models that came out a few years ago. (23 years ago, 5-Oct-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Castle World - The Isle of Mist

Fellow denizens of Castle World, We are proud to bring you The Isle of Mist. But first, some things you should know about this fabled island: We've decided to do it in realtime. This means starting from the day you make and take pictures/post about (...) (23 years ago, 5-Oct-01, to lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.castle, lugnet.announce) !!

"Magnus Lauglo" <thunder_road@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:GKqJKJ.9K3@lugnet.com... (...) together. (...) Allthough I haven't bought a Guarded Inn yet, I have had the pleasure of opening up an old Blaze Battler fire truckm (early 90s) and (...) (23 years ago, 5-Oct-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.dear-lego)

  RE: The Guarded Inn just "felt" right

(...) WHAT?!?! That set is much too cool to keep sealed in a plastic bag! I don't understand the collector mentality...LEGO is meant for building. --Bram Bram Lambrecht bram@cwru.edu (URL) (23 years ago, 5-Oct-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: The Guarded Inn just "felt" right

(...) I'm not saying I won't play with it, I'll just store it sealed so no dust gets to the parts. Ever seen an old set in absolute mint condition put together? Its a beautiful thing - to me at least. Note - 99.9% of my LEGO has been built, (...) (23 years ago, 5-Oct-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.dear-lego)

  King Leo's Palace

King Leo, sorely disappointed with the poor quality, shoddy workmanship, and overall unsafe conditions of his former castle (#6091), is proud to announce the completion of his new residence –The Royal Palace-. Nearly 40 years in the making (that’s 5 (...) (23 years ago, 5-Oct-01, to lugnet.castle) !!

  Re: King Leo's Palace

Um. wow... You did it again, Jon. Another link to add to my "drool over with envy" file. Your Puerto Bonita and the Desert Keep are already in there. (for any one who wants to look - (URL) and (URL) ) I started a largish castle and it doesn't hold a (...) (23 years ago, 5-Oct-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Forestmen's Caveren

(...) There are currently 4 entrances. 2 in section 1, 1 in section 2 and one in section 4. section 1: (URL) the main entrance in behind the waterfall, it is hard to see but that is the point :) there are steps built into the cliff wall and then (...) (23 years ago, 5-Oct-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Guarded Inn just "felt" right

(...) You aren't buying big enough ziplocks. :) Steve (23 years ago, 5-Oct-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.dear-lego)

  New castle on www.1000steine.de

Hello! Did you allready see this castle gallery? (URL) castle was built by my friend Bernhard "Bernstein" Schmidt. It was inspired (but it is not really a one-to-one model) of Chateau Chillon in Switzerland. The first pictures show several views of (...) (23 years ago, 6-Oct-01, to lugnet.castle) !!

  Re: Forestmen's Caveren

(...) Sound great. I think I want to make some thing like that. --Kevin W. § (23 years ago, 6-Oct-01, to lugnet.castle)

  A Town Complete and an Update Too

Finally, after a long while, I have finally finished the city of Kessica! *Applause* *Applause* Other Updates include: --Chapters 2, 3, and 4 are finished in the story --My bro Chandler and I finished a new airship, found under the Creations section (...) (23 years ago, 6-Oct-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A Town Complete and an Update Too

In lugnet.castle, Clay Steele writes: (snipped) (...) Hi Clay, The link seems to be broken... I was unable to access it so far. Pedro (23 years ago, 6-Oct-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A Town Complete and an Update Too

(...) It was up! I was in it and it crashed while I was serfing it. Maybe Geocities couldn't handle so many hits at the same time! City looks nice though. Great detail and nice dockside scene. Brian K> (23 years ago, 6-Oct-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A Town Complete and an Update Too

(...) HELP it said Sorry, this site is temporarily unavailable What do I do, WHAT do I Do, WHAT DO I DO!!!!! Now I can't read the new chapters : ( --Kevin W. § (23 years ago, 6-Oct-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A Town Complete and an Update Too

I don't know what was up. It happens every now and then, but like it says: 'It will be restored within the hour'. I think it's okay now. ~~Clay S. (23 years ago, 6-Oct-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New castle on www.1000steine.de

(...) Magnificent!!For those of you interested in the story but are not able to read it: Here is the site to a translator, you might me able to read between the lines!! (URL)Enjoy! (...) (23 years ago, 7-Oct-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A Town Complete and an Update Too

overall very cool.. i enjoyed it alot! im not sure if i said this before, but i particularly like that the undead/evil guys have character has well as goodies.. im sure this will cause issues in the future! the city is beautiful.. very inspiring. i (...) (23 years ago, 8-Oct-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: King Leo's Palace

nice castle.. i especially like the bridges and stairwells.. and also that you took the time to photo them. if only LEGO did castles like this.. id be TOTALLY broke! peace -lenny (...) (23 years ago, 8-Oct-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: King Leo's Palace

(...) Jon, I've only had about 5 minutes to browse this, and that's a far inadequate time to allow. So far, it's amazing, a great use of Leo's parts. I look forward to spending more time browsing your pics. Thanks, George (23 years ago, 5-Oct-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A Town Complete and an Update Too

(...) Clay, Thanks for the pics of Kessica, lately I've gotten the bug about making a medieval port city, and it was nice to see your interpretation. The city wall color scheme worked pretty well. One nitpick, it took me a few clicks and backtracks (...) (23 years ago, 8-Oct-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New castle on www.1000steine.de

I haven't posted anything about this, but I really like the overall feel of this castle. I like the green hills the most - how it gives the landscape a 3-D feel. I'm going to steal this :) (URL) has finally gotten me building again. Woo-hoo! -- (...) (23 years ago, 8-Oct-01, to lugnet.castle)

  New MOC: Sorjin's Cloudship

Here's my first castle creation since... I don't know when. I can't drudge up a single specific memory of building anything castle-related, so it has probably been at least 15 years. Wow- this was fun! Methinks I ought to expand my horizons more (...) (23 years ago, 9-Oct-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build)

  Re: New MOC: Sorjin's Cloudship

Hey that's fun! Ride that Cloudship, Sorjin! (...) (23 years ago, 9-Oct-01, to lugnet.castle)

  WIZZARDS WORLD SHOW BOOKLET PICS

Hiya all I found the booklet I got from one of the Lego World Shows that came to Australia around 6 - 7 years ago...cant remember..... anyway, I scanned the pages from it.. so if ya wanna go have a look go to: (URL) it inspires...... I built a (...) (23 years ago, 9-Oct-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: WIZZARDS WORLD SHOW BOOKLET PICS

Mr. Bunny: This booklet is already in the database with instructions to make other stuff (i.e. a kaleidoscope, a butterfly, a wizard, and a dragon). Yours appears to be a variant with fewer pages. I'm sure this will interest completists. Was that (...) (23 years ago, 9-Oct-01, to lugnet.castle)

thats really cool kinda Miyazaki like -- James Stacey ---...--- www.minifig.co.uk #925 "Tony Hafner" <hafhead@PANTSplanetquake.com> wrote in message news:GKwy4w.6Lr@lugnet.com... (...) drudge (...) (23 years ago, 9-Oct-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New MOC: Sorjin's Cloudship

(...) I really like this idea! Its really nice to see such an original building concept. One of the great things about it is that you didn't just slap some propelers on a ship hull and call it original. The craft is very well detailed and looks (...) (23 years ago, 9-Oct-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New MOC: Sorjin's Cloudship

(...) Thanks for the kind words (and thank you to Eric and James as well). I have to admit that the Isle of Mist stuff going on right now served as partial inspiration. And of course I've had the hull for quite a while now and finally got around to (...) (23 years ago, 9-Oct-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: King Leo's Palace

Sweet! Looks awesome! I like how you got the "palace" look, how you made it look more than just a "castle", by building the keep so high and making it look so intricate. I've never really tried, but I can imagine it must be hard. The two flanking (...) (23 years ago, 10-Oct-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: King Leo's Palace

"Jon Furman" <rambocalrissian@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:GKr0A6.472@lugnet.com... (...) workmanship, and (...) announce (...) Magnificent! To what extent is the Royal Palace constructed from parts from #6091 (and how many sets of 6091 were (...) (23 years ago, 11-Oct-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: King Leo's Palace

Kerry, thanks for your post. To answer your questions, only 1 6091 is actually used in the royal palace. However there are two "Royal Jousts", and around 7 "guarded Treasuries" included in the set. The lack of Basic brick elements in these sets (...) (23 years ago, 11-Oct-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: King Leo's Palace

Magnus, I'm afraid you have stumbled upon my little secret! I am completely out of Grey Bricks and plates! I agree with all of your comments. In fact, my original plans for the wall were a lot more grand than they are now, I just ran short of raw (...) (23 years ago, 11-Oct-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: King Leo's Palace

Leonard, Thanks for the compliments! I'm glad you enjoyed the castle. Thanks for posting, I appreciate the encouragement. I totally agree that if Lego would put out some new castle sets that were quality Items, I would be broke too! (well maybe not, (...) (23 years ago, 11-Oct-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: King Leo's Palace

Good Luck with the braces, I know they are spendy, I hope it doesn/t cut into the Lego Budget too badly. Thanks for your kind words, I appreciate it a lot. I'm glad you liked it. This weekend I'll be posting the rest of the pics. I'd love to see (...) (23 years ago, 11-Oct-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: King Leo's Palace

Thanks for Checking it our George, this weekend I'll be posting more photos. I appreciate you comments greatly. JOn (...) (23 years ago, 11-Oct-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My Display & MOCs -Finally Online!

(...) Hendo, Nice castles, I'd love to see more details. The Globe Theater was great, too. And I liked the pics of the mini-fest. Thanks, George (23 years ago, 11-Oct-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.town, lugnet.space, lugnet.loc.us.ma)

  Re: My Display & MOCs -Finally Online!

(...) Your town page looks pretty good.Like those small homes. (23 years ago, 11-Oct-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.town, lugnet.space, lugnet.loc.us.ma)

  Careful what you wish for: clone LOTR blocks sighted

(Note follow-ups.) I've seen a couple mentions recently on various newsgroups that Playmates Toys had a "construction toy" license for Lord of the Rings. Never saw any concrete info, though Playmates has an "Intelli-Blox" logo on their website (not (...) (23 years ago, 12-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.general, lugnet.castle, lugnet.harrypotter)

  Re: King Leo's Palace

(...) I know exactly what you mean about brick shortages cutting into your castle. I was never really satisfied with the curtain wall on my most recent castle (a bit smaller than yours). I xcan think of two doiable ways of "beefing up" the wall: (...) (23 years ago, 12-Oct-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My Display & MOCs -Finally Online!

I totally love the Bannenware tower/keep, it has the distinct look of continental European late medieval architecture. Is it modelled on a real castle? I've never really built much in that style, my castles tend to be more block like, and much wider (...) (23 years ago, 12-Oct-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.town, lugnet.space, lugnet.loc.us.ma)

  Re: My Display & MOCs -Finally Online!

(...) I like the globe theater. Very nice design. It's a shame you don't have a picture of the rear, it sounds very interesting. You town layout looks great. I'm sure it gets many an ooh and ahh, when people see it. -Jason (URL) (23 years ago, 12-Oct-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.town, lugnet.space, lugnet.loc.us.ma)

  Re: My Display & MOCs -Finally Online!

(...) Thanks. The real tragedy is that a few months after I built the model, it was torn apart to rebuild my Town. Thusly, except for the memories of my high school classmates, those pics are the only evidence of how it looked... =o -Hendo (23 years ago, 12-Oct-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.town, lugnet.loc.us.ma)

  Re: My Display & MOCs -Finally Online!

(...) Thanks! I think it is my favorite of those I've made too. A number of friends have pointed out different things they liked about it. The most unexpected comment, perhaps, was one that thought the most realistic part was the bits of crumbling (...) (23 years ago, 12-Oct-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.loc.us.ma)

  Re: King Leo's Palace

It makes perfect sense Magnus, I'm inclined to try the incorporation of Dark grey first, as the curtain wall is made up of 2 wide bricks for the first several layers, then when the "window wall" bricks start, it goes to 1 wide, so the walls are (...) (23 years ago, 12-Oct-01, to lugnet.castle)

  New (old) Dragon Pics on Brickshelf

Friends, I've posted some LDrawn pics of my dragons on brickshelf, heres a sample (URL) rest can be found here (URL) (23 years ago, 13-Oct-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.cad, lugnet.org.us.texlug, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.build.sculpture)

  Re: New (old) Dragon Pics on Brickshelf