 Castle / 10667
Re: King Leo's Palace
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 11 Oct 2001 15:55:18 GMT

Thanks for Checking it our George, this weekend I'll be posting more photos.
I appreciate you comments greatly.  JOn

In lugnet.castle, George Haberberger writes:
In lugnet.castle, Jon Furman writes:
King Leo, sorely disappointed with the poor quality, shoddy workmanship, and
overall unsafe conditions of his former castle (#6091), is proud to announce
the completion of his new residence –The Royal Palace-.

Nearly 40 years in the making (that’s 5 months in regular people years), the
Royal Palace is the seat of power for Leo’s Kingdom.  A central Keep towers
over grounds that cover 106x98 studs.  The Keep is flanked by two towers and
a fortified wall surrounds the entire fortress.  Entrance to the Palace can
be made through one of the three gates.
The gates feature working portculli.  There are Turrets protecting the four
corners as well.

The Castle is fully furnished inside and out and contains servant’s
quarters, storage and a small kitchen on level1.  Level 2 is the great hall
of meeting where a banquet is taking place.  The Balcony overlooking the
Royal Gardens is attached to the rear of the great hall, and connects the
main keep to the east tower by way of a stepped bridge.  The west tower
connects to the great hall as well, and is accessible from the small that
overlooks the paddock area.  Level 3 is the Throne Room where Leo is holding
court with a mysterious stranger.  Level 4 is the Kings bedchamber

The Pictures are on my Brickshelf account.

Jon,

I've only had about 5 minutes to browse this, and that's a far inadequate
time to allow. So far, it's amazing, a great use of Leo's parts. I look
forward to spending more time browsing your pics.

Thanks,

George