 Castle / 10661
Re: King Leo's Palace
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 10 Oct 2001 13:23:06 GMT

Sweet!

Looks awesome! I like how you got the "palace" look, how you made it look
more than just a "castle", by building the keep so high and making it look
so intricate. I've never really tried, but I can imagine it must be hard.
The two flanking towers look very impressive, with very nice
mysterious/fantasy style architecture. Great use of colours. I like how you
were able to use the miniture tower pieces from the original King Leo's
castle and make them look good as well.

I really like how you used the fluted bricks on the barracks. Also like the
pillar look and the gardens and everything, man this is beautiful...

My only suggestions have to do with the curtain wall. It seems little
dwarfed by the keep. I know it would take a lot of bricks to build the
actual wall higher, maybe by making the actual battlements an extra brick
higher (and two bricks wider) you could make the wall look a bit more
imposing. Remember the battlements on a real castle would have been big
enough for guys to hide behind, not look over.

Perhaps you could do a bit more with the wall itself, like make the smaller
gatehouses a little larger. Also the largest of the gatehouses could use a
bit more of a battlement wall on top. It looks like you only have a few
blocks up there and I am sure the soldiers would appreciate a bit more
protection.

The keep though is a real work of art, very very nicely done!

Looking forward to more pics!

Magnus