 Castle / 10675
Re: My Display & MOCs -Finally Online!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.loc.us.ma
Date:
Fri, 12 Oct 2001 15:56:29 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Magnus Lauglo writes:
I totally love the Bannenware tower/keep, it has the distinct look of
continental European late medieval architecture. Is it modelled on a real
castle?

  Thanks!  I think it is my favorite of those I've made too.  A number of
friends have pointed out different things they liked about it.  The most
unexpected comment, perhaps, was one that thought the most realistic part
was the bits of crumbling wall (right of the cave in front) that hinted at
an earlier time when the keep may have been bigger.  The friend who said
that had visited castles in Europe and said it was a very realistic detail...

  None of the Castles of MOC were based on any particular real castles,
although I was influenced by photos of some of the French keeps of that era...

I've never really built much in that style, my castles tend to be more block
like, and much wider than they are tall, with double D style gatehouses, so
it would be quite interesting for me to try someting like that myself some day.

I would like to build a castle with a free standing (not attached to the
curtain wall) keep some time as well, but I don't think I have enough parts
to pull it off. I would want to have at least 32 pegs space between the keep
and the wall, to have space for inner bailey buildings and such.

  Yes, it is tricky to do it all at once.  Even with one of all but the most
recent two big Castle sets, I never seem to have enough wall pieces...  :)

Keep building!

  And you!   :-)

-H.