 Castle / 10692
Re: It's NOT LEGO
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 17 Oct 2001 13:45:31 GMT

In lugnet.castle, David Eaton writes:

Some of the pieces looked pretty cool, but I get the impression that they'll
be larger than Lego studs-- tho I could be way off base. Maybe the figures
are smaller than they looked to me on the webpage. But the rocks, statue,
inn's door & window pieces all looked highly usable, even tho they're way
too prefab by my tastes to really fit in with standard Lego.

  The stalactite piece looks especially cool to me.  I'd like to see some in
person to assess the color compatibility with LEGO bricks.

I think they'd
really stand out as "these are not Lego pieces" if mixed in with regular Lego.

  Assuming that these sets are derived from the molds formerly used by DSI
Toys for Block-Men (and, judging by the underside of one of the large
plates, that appears to be the case), I would say that the bricks are
probably very compatible with LEGO, although certain figure accessories
might not be.  Block-Men, by the way, also made its instruction sheets
available online in .pdf format.   Hmm...
  Block-Men featured a number of terrain forms that fit LEGO studs but
weren't very versatile.  The best thing about them was that a set could
include a 32x44 flat baseplate and two terrain forms, whereas a LEGO set
might simply have a single sculpted baseplate.

I probably won't invest anything in them, anyway :)

   More for me!

     Dave!