 CAD / Development / Organizations / LDraw / 970 (-100)
  Re: Advanced User/Beginning User Sections at ldraw.org

(...) You mean something like this: (URL) I like the idea of a beginner section. Maybe even a newbe forum that some of the oldtimers could monitor. (24 years ago, 21-Jul-00, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Advanced User/Beginning User Sections at ldraw.org

Hey.. I've been doing a lot of thinking on how to improve the site based on discussions I had last week at Kidvention and with a few people who have a real interest in making it as easy as possible for new users to get into LDraw. What the general (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jul-00, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Live from Kidvention!!

Hello everyone! I'm posting to you live from our LDraw and GMLTC train layout display at Legoland California for the Lego Maniac Kidvention. We're having a blast here with the displays talking to people and informing them about the online Lego (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jul-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.legoland) !

  ldraw.org Vinyl Banner Arrived! :)

Hey everybody... The vinyl banner for the ldraw.org Kidvention display just arrived, and it looks GREAT! :) Its something that we can keep around for a long time and reuse at future events - and I'm very happy with what we got. I'd like to take the (...) (24 years ago, 10-Jul-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: July MOTM

(...) Yep :) (...) I finished correcting those errors, as well as some silly ones on the main MOTM page. I did that at 2am in a frantic hurry to get it out of the way, because I had a ton of stuff to do. Anyways....tonight it looks like 4h 45min (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jul-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: July MOTM

(...) Nice Model ! Also, Noticed that the May and June 2000 links are incorrect at: (URL) they link to : (URL) they should link to : (URL) ya Rui Martins (24 years ago, 4-Jul-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  July MOTM

Hey everyone... You may have noticed this month's MOTM didn't have a vote. I ended up totally forgetting about it until too late. But, luckily there was only one submission this month, and might I add well deserving of this title. Here's Ryan (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jul-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Site change suggestion

(...) True, but having that functionality shouldn't be used as an excuse for not making a thoughtful design for the mappings in the first place. Steve (24 years ago, 30-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Site change suggestion

(...) When I first tried LDraw, this was the results: (URL) When I saw how messed up it was, I just kind of gave up until I found MLCAD. Alan (...) (24 years ago, 30-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Site change suggestion

(...) the (...) menu. (...) Or even better do the short cut keys like Autocad where the user can customize which keys are assocated with what commands. (24 years ago, 30-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Site change suggestion

For true newbie-focusism, one of the first questions the site should answer is: "What do I need to do so I can just view LDraw models from the Web?". Steve (24 years ago, 30-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Site change suggestion

(...) Hmm. Sounds like each command-keystroke should be duplicated, so there can be a set of left-hand keys, and a set of right-hand keys. That way, no matter which hand we mouse with, we can touch-type the command-keys! :) And no, I'm not *exactly* (...) (24 years ago, 30-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: We're on the itinerary!

(...) A good idea. It won't be ready (read explanation below), but with sentiments I get from TLC, its their park and they probably don't want it sold *there.* That's how I feel at least. That doesn't go to say they're against the CD-ROM, either. If (...) (24 years ago, 30-Jun-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: We're on the itinerary!

(...) buy (...) Ever since I got the LEGOLAND flyer in the mail two or three days ago and read about this Swap & Brag, I've been thinking THIS might be the answer as to where the LDRAW CD could be sold. What about it? If it can't be sold in the (...) (24 years ago, 30-Jun-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Site change suggestion

(...) Try dropping the 'old' and maybe even 'DOS'. Heck, replace 'old DOS' with 'LEdit'. If you didn't mean LEdit specifically, then 'DOS's Command Line' would be another possibility. Steve (24 years ago, 29-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: ldraw.org Logo Change

(...) Interestingly enough, that is. I added the (r) symbols on LEGO and LEGO logo, and sent it off to the printer to add to the sign. The text will be 3/8" tall baseline to top, centered at the very bottom. -Tim (URL) timcourtne ICQ: 23951114 (24 years ago, 29-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.events, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Site change suggestion

(...) Hmm, that sounds less negative to me, but since it still focuses on the negative aspects of the "old DOS interface" (which I actually think are positives rather than negatives -- go keyboard!), it seems like more of a 60 or 90 degree turn than (...) (24 years ago, 29-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: ldraw.org Logo Change

(...) Wow, is that the exact text sent to you? I'm surprised to see "LEGO Group" there after the name change last year. (...) Wow! :) --Todd (24 years ago, 29-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.events, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Site change suggestion

(...) with (...) I guess I'm throw in my 2cents also. I think there can be a good middle area with use of the keyboard and pointing device. I know back when I was doing AutoCAD and 3D Studio work (in the pre-windows era) that I was the most efficent (...) (24 years ago, 29-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Site change suggestion

(...) And none taken. I use too many different pieces of software to be more than a beginning level user in a lot of them. Not because I don't use them over and over, but because I have too much stuff to remember. What scares me is that I'm starting (...) (24 years ago, 29-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Site change suggestion

(...) Not speaking for Frederik, but I think it's simply a matter of levels of expertise. It's not necessarily true that the old DOS interface is more difficult or bothersome, but that it appeals more to an expert user. Conversely, the MLCad UI (...) (24 years ago, 29-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Site change suggestion

(...) I've talked to a few people recently who do that, and I didn't realize actually how many of them there were. (...) Ok. (...) Would a more suitable phrase be 'Do you find the old DOS interface difficult to use, and would like to see something (...) (24 years ago, 29-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Site change suggestion

(...) Yes. (...) Yep. That's the concensus which I gather from this thread - it needs a good balance between the new and the original, for both types of users. (...) Yeah. After Kidvention, when I start doing some changes to the site, I will (...) (24 years ago, 29-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: ldraw.org Logo Change

(...) Yep. (...) :) (...) It will eventually make its way to the site. Pretty soon, as we work out some cleaning up of the smaller, thicker wireframe image for that purpose. -Tim (URL) timcourtne ICQ: 23951114 (24 years ago, 29-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.events)

  Re: ldraw.org Logo Change

(...) I was happy to contribute.. I feel guilty that I haven't been more active in the LUGNET world for the last few months... I haven't had the time to author elements or help in discussions guiding the course of our CAD future, so this is the (...) (24 years ago, 29-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.events, lugnet.cad)

  Re: ldraw.org Logo Change

(...) If TLC is OK with putting LEGO on the studs, I think that is great! :) We're not playing with MegaBloksDraw here. Is this new wireframe logo just for the sign, or will it eventually go on ldraw.org as well? Steve (24 years ago, 29-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.events)

  Re: Site change suggestion

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Travis Cobbs writes: <snip> Great thread. A few points off the top of my head, no order... <user hat on> Fred Gloeckner's comments aside (let's face it, he's way smarter than most of us at using these tools) LEdit is (...) (24 years ago, 29-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Site change suggestion

(...) I use LEdit as my primary modeling tool, L3Lab for explorative viewing and LDLITE for final high quality rendering. I've never used a CAD style modeling tool because I sincerely believe that a keyboard interface is more efficient. Especially (...) (24 years ago, 29-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  ldraw.org Logo Change

Well... In an interesting question and answer session I had originally with Brad Justus, it came to my attention that TLC did not approve of the 3D red brick ldraw.org logo. Brad checked with the corporate counsel about the logo, and relayed the (...) (24 years ago, 29-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.events, lugnet.cad) !

  Re: Site change suggestion

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw "Tom McDonald" (...) Yes. (...) Hmmm....good idea. For the CD-ROM artwork, I planned a similar chart, but this one outlining OS compatibility for the various programs offered on it. (...) Good idea(s). (...) Yeah. -Tim (...) (24 years ago, 28-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Site change suggestion

(...) Yes. (...) I think that that's what I was trying to say, in a hurry, when I was probably on the phone ;) I understand that a good chunk of people find LEdit extremely useful. I'm an MLCad user, but for the next couple things I have to do in a (...) (24 years ago, 28-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Site change suggestion

(...) It shouldn't. I will do my best at that time to work with you and ensure that nothing changes with what you maintain. -Tim (URL) timcourtne ICQ: 23951114 (24 years ago, 28-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Site change suggestion

(...) exposure (...) a (...) when (...) Perhaps what might be in order is a mainpage more geared for newbies. On it, or linked to it, could be a table of all the programs used in the "picture-making" process listed in order from the start (...) (24 years ago, 28-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Site change suggestion

(...) Well, I still use LEdit as my primary editing tools, and switch between LDLite and L3Lab and L3P for rendering. I'm sure I'm not alone, either. (...) Urk. I'd recommend keeping the site LDraw-centric, but increasing the exposure of MLCad in (...) (24 years ago, 28-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Site change suggestion

(...) How will that affect anyone else who maintains pages on www.ldraw.org? Steve (24 years ago, 28-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Site change suggestion

(...) Good thoughts. (...) I am behind you here. The thought has crossed my mind a little to change the site's focus to more of MLCad, but I haven't had the time to impliment it. After Kidvention, I plan on inserting the site entirely into (...) (24 years ago, 28-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Site change suggestion

(...) Probably :) I use LEdit because it's faster than MLCAD, renders smoother (ie, no redraws every time you move a piece), has tons of shortcut keys, and doesn't pop up any dialog boxes for any reason. When someone creates a higher resolution (...) (24 years ago, 28-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Site change suggestion

Despite the fact that ldraw.org is a site about ldraw, the fact is that any new user trying to build models would almost certainly be better off running MLCad than LEdit. It's user-friendly, and Michael keeps adding more cool new features. It's my (...) (24 years ago, 28-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDraw at the Kidvention Update

(...) I can finish this as soon as I can get a working inliner :) (24 years ago, 27-Jun-00, to lugnet.events, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  LDraw at the Kidvention Update

Hey everybody... Here's an update on the status for LDraw at the Kidvention so far: I sent off the artwork for the banner to the company (FastSigns) today, and they will get back to me soon on approval. Thanks to everyone who donated to make this (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jun-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.us.lugola) !

  Re: We're on the itinerary!

(...) ho HO! -- not just the brick then. Swingin'!!! (I shouldda scrolled down farther on the big image before asking! :-) --Todd (24 years ago, 26-Jun-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.events, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: We're on the itinerary!

(...) Haven't checked it, but I'm going on the principle that clone brands have printed items on their studs, and that we aren't saying 'LEGO' anywhere. I honestly do not believe this will be a problem. Just to be sure, I left Brad Justus a voice (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jun-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.events, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: We're on the itinerary!

We already have GMLTC shirts, through the work of John Neal. He is also working on ID cards for us all to wear, and banners with our logo and url to hang on or above the layout. John is our designated 'public relations' person! I'm really looking (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jun-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.events, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: We're on the itinerary!

(...) Ooo. Have you checked the LDRAW-on-studs bit with TLC? Steve (24 years ago, 26-Jun-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.events, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: We're on the itinerary!

(...) and "how (...) we (...) LLC (...) I hope they don't. But somehow, I don't think they will, at least to those who are really looking and not just strolling by. This might seem a bit a funky to ask, but is anyone behind the GMLTC layout going to (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jun-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.events, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: We're on the itinerary!

(...) The ldraw.org site header logo *is* the text of the sign. It will be a HUGE rendering of the 2x3 brick on the site, with LDRAW detailed on the studs, and the words 'ldraw.org, Centralized LDraw Resources' in the same visual arrangement as the (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jun-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.events, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: We're on the itinerary!

(...) We at the GMLTC will be very sensitive about that issue. When we display the layout at train shows, we are very emphatic when asked (one of the most asked questions, BTW, right behind "how many bricks are there in the layout" and "how long (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jun-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.events, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: We're on the itinerary!

(...) Hey, that's kind of interesting from a community-strategic point of view... What you've got there with the signage is an opportunity to let people know -- or at least hint at -- the fact that LDraw is a fan-created and fan-run project/system (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jun-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.events, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: We're on the itinerary!

(...) Ya, well said! What I hope we as a community can help LEGO avoid is (to coin a phrase) "fansploitation" -- i.e., taking advantage of or exploiting things that fans did which they wish they'd thought of or done first, since they're getting into (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jun-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.events, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Need more $$ for ldraw.org banner...

(...) BTW - I can accept Paypal at tim@zacktron.com now. Thanks again! -Tim (URL) timcourtne ICQ: 23951114 (24 years ago, 26-Jun-00, to lugnet.events, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.org.us)

  Need more $$ for ldraw.org banner...

Hey everybody... I've been working with John Neal and we thought we could get the ldraw.org vinyl banner for $100, but realized that different printing methods wouldn't give us the result we need. This means that I'm in need of $130 more towards the (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jun-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.org.us)

  Re: We're on the itinerary!

(...) I'm not terribly concerned about the clarity of the entry. Though yes, it would be nice to have us mentioned by name, its not absolutely necessary, because our events themselves will mention us by name, and so will our literature. Eg, (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jun-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.events, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: We're on the itinerary!

(...) I find it disturbing that I can only view this with IE for some reason. I have to clear my Netscape Cache but at the moment I can't view it with Netscape. As to your issue with the text... I guess I agree with you to some extent although I (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jun-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.events, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: We're on the itinerary!

(...) I agree with you, but I'm not sure that this would be any more clear to the average person that this isn't Lego-sponsored, without further explanatory text. (24 years ago, 26-Jun-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.events, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: We're on the itinerary!

(...) Am I the only one who finds this both almost as disturbing as exciting? I realize I'm looking at the page several days after it was originally mentioned, so maybe the text has changed, but the text I see doesn't mention BayLUG or GMLTC or (...) (24 years ago, 25-Jun-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.events, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Kidvention: Part Needed!

(...) Unless someone has started this part (6085) already, I think I could give it a shot--doesn't look too complicated. Might be difficult to measure tho... --Bram Bram Lambrecht.........Br...L@JUNO.com (URL) (24 years ago, 24-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Kidvention: Part Needed!

Hey.. Just wondering if anyone who has started on the bottom half of the aquazone sub front windshields (the one which holds the computer inside...) could work on that for me for the Kidvention? I'm really in need of the part, for some reason I (...) (24 years ago, 23-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Organizing Renderings for Kidvention

Hey everybody... People who are going to display their models at the Kidvention need to submit their .dat files or completed rendering images (preferred) to me, NO LATER THAN SATURDAY JULY 1. Here's what I need: If you're submitting a rendering, (...) (24 years ago, 23-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Runtime Error 200 Patch Instructions

[trimmed newsgroups to just lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw] (...) Looks pretty good to me. Two things you might consider adding: 1. Toward the beginning, mention that you should do this *after* installing LDraw, just to catch anyone who is practicing (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Runtime Error 200 Patch Instructions

Hey.. I just threw up a RTE200 patch instructions page off the Get Started page, where the patch download is located. The URL is: (URL) you let me know if this is adequate, and if there are any problems? I'll fix that ASAP. I hope this eliminates (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Parts Library Posted to ldraw.org

(...) I was hoping to keep at a level that most semi-geeks can grok. I don't think there's a need to move to the demi-geek level. ;) (...) Right. One or the other. Steve (24 years ago, 19-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: CD-ROM Status

I have no clue on how to write scripts, but if someone would write it, I would try to manage it ( I am going to be very busy from not to Christmas!) Tom McDonald <radiotitan@yanospamhoo.com> wrote in message news:Fw7F6I.E5w@lugnet.com... (...) for (...) (24 years ago, 18-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Parts Library Posted to ldraw.org

(...) Good Idea. (...) I can assume any name clashes have been sorted out? And of course there is the perreinal case-sensitvie file name problem nowe that theres LDGLIte on LINux as well... (...) developed, (...) Yes. (...) Or bypass this entirly (...) (24 years ago, 18-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Models for Display at Kidvention

(...) I have some--just tell me what you want. (See my brickshelf gallery) --Bram Bram Lambrecht.........Br...L@JUNO.com (URL) (24 years ago, 16-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Models for Display at Kidvention

(...) Well, I *posted* to town...doesn't that say something ;) I really haven't seen a tremendous amount of town models/renderings. But send em in anyways...they'd be of some use to us. -Tim (24 years ago, 16-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Models for Display at Kidvention

(...) And TOWN!!!! Kevin (24 years ago, 16-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Models for Display at Kidvention

(...) Although I won't be lending any of my models, I'd love it if one of you assembled one or more from your own spare parts. I can hopefully supply all the renderings (of my own models) that you want. What's the deadline for renderings? --Bram (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDraw not to sell CD-ROM at Kidvention in July & Misc CD-ROM issues

(...) Not if you're reading the groups via email, like me[1]. I like at least something quoted so I know which article someone is replying to... --Bram 1) subscribing to 50+ groups by email is a lot...I read with one finger on the delete key... Bram (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Models for Display at Kidvention

(...) If it can be rendered at an angle where its not visible, shouldn't be a problem. We do want to show models complete in LDraw....so having that revealed might be a small problem. But its all in the camera angle :) (...) I would say that we are (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Models for Display at Kidvention

hey tim i'd love to contribute my aquazone verne model to this: (URL) ldraw file is missing one lower-dome part but i think it would still work well for what you've got. if we're sending you our models should we be prepared to maybe lose a few (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDraw not to sell CD-ROM at Kidvention in July & Misc CD-ROM issues

(...) Personally, I have never been offended by anyone not typing in their name below the article. After all, the contents of the article is what is important, and the relevant information about the author is (normally) in the headers anyway. (...) (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Models for Display at Kidvention

(...) If you want a Technic model, you can grab a blue race car I've made: (URL) I only have a virtual representation of the model, the real model is no longer compiled. The largest desktop wallpaper image may produce a nice poster. There is also a (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Models for Display at Kidvention

(...) I would gladly donate Ldraw renderings of my current kits (at least as far as I can go with the current parts selection): Blacksmith Shop (castle) Crossroads Tavern (castle) WW2 Light Tank (WW2) I use Ldraw (er... MLcad more specifically) to (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Models for Display at Kidvention

With the recent creation of the divers bubble dome, you might want to see if there are any divers models out there... (24 years ago, 16-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Models for Display at Kidvention

If you want more trains, my wild west train is available to render. Just so you know, no I dont have pysical representations of my models, however both the shadwick castle model and the WW train are reasonably easy to build if you can find the right (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Models for Display at Kidvention

If you want more trains, my wild west train is available to render. Just so you know, no I dont have pysical representations of my models. (24 years ago, 16-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Models for Display at Kidvention

I have my shadwick castle and royal coach that could be shown, and if anyone out there has some of the royal knights sets then the model can be built as well. Dont bother looking for pirates, you wont find anything because ldraw doesnt have very (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Models for Display at Kidvention

Hey everybody... I am looking for a few models to display at the Kidvention with the LDraw setup. They need to have a virtual representation in .dat format so we can print up a poster of a rendering of the model. I'm looking for stuff from a lot of (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jun-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.space, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.aquazone, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw) !

  Re: Organizational business for ldraw.org as pertains to future activities

(...) That's how I'd like to see the site/group. (...) The way we're going to market it, no. After CDs are sold, we could be dealing with about $8000 if figured for 1000 CDs, $2/pc cost, sold for $10 US. This would be more than enough money to put (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Organizational business for ldraw.org as pertains to future activities

(...) I'd agree with you on this. I think its worthwile to pursue tax exemption. At the same time, I'm going to try to have the CDs done by Kidvention (the master, that is) to have it available to install on our demonstration machine there. I'll do (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Organizational business for ldraw.org as pertains to future activities

(...) say (...) Definitely a good idea. Also, if you can, try getting a second pro bono opinion. Remember, lawyers do work in teams and consult each other regularly for finer points and other considerations and legal precedents (can you say (...) (24 years ago, 15-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Organizational business for ldraw.org as pertains to future activities

(...) <snip> (...) <snip> (...) I personally think that you should try to get it tax exempted. Considering that it is already used by thousands of people world wide, as freeware, whos creator has passed on but opened up the initial code for parts (...) (24 years ago, 15-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: CD-ROM Status

So Adam, are you volunteering to manage that chain, or write the script for the orders page? Tim does the lion's share of the work for ldraw.org, so any help he can get would probably be appreciated. I know he's asked for help on a number of (...) (24 years ago, 15-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: CD-ROM Status

Why not start a different message chain to receive all the orders, or run a script on LDRAW.ORG and accept orders Adam Tim Courtney <tim@zacktron.com> wrote in message news:39456556.326763...net.com... (...) nauseam (I (...) fan- (...) (24 years ago, 14-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Organizational business for ldraw.org as pertains to future activities

(...) All right, that's a start. (...) Yes, professional advice would certainly be a good idea. (...) <description snipped> IMHO, filing for tax exemption would be a good idea, even if it means putting the CDs on hold for a while (not to mention it (...) (24 years ago, 14-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Organizational business for ldraw.org as pertains to future activities

(...) In a sense, I would say it is. (...) Debatable. It would be wise to talk to a financial person about these issues. Someone in Lugnet, or I have a friend who used to do financial stuff who said there's someone I can be referred to. I can try to (...) (24 years ago, 13-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw) !

  Re: Organizational business for ldraw.org as pertains to future activities

(...) Here are my thoughts: The ldraw.org group's purpose is to further the advancement of James Jessiman's .dat file format and LDraw suite, introducing to new users and aiding them in a fuller understanding of the program, therefore enhancing the (...) (24 years ago, 13-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.org)

  Re: Organizational business for ldraw.org as pertains to future activities

(...) <snip> OK, Tim and I talked during + after the fest and I offered to help research the issue a bit. A quick look through the types of exempt organizations [1] narrows the search down to Charitable Organizations. I looked into "Social Clubs" (...) (24 years ago, 13-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw) !

  Re: Organizational business for ldraw.org as pertains to future activities

(...) First issue: What is ldraw.org? We need a clear definition of what the 'group' is, why it exists, and what it does. Steve (24 years ago, 13-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: CD-ROM Status

(...) Right now they aren't available becuase the project needs to be finished and the copies need to be made. I'm considering a preorder system at a couple bucks off the $10 price for the purpose of helping raise the preliminary funds needed. I'll (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: CD-ROM Status

Tim: Please excuse my ignorance if this has been asked and answered ad nauseam (I have tried to follow these posts of yours), but how does one purchase or otherwise obtain the resulting cd-rom? I am very keen to support this fan- based effort. (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  CD-ROM Status

Just thought I'd give out another update on the status of the CD-ROM: The HTML guide is almost done. This is what needs to be done before we can ship: Finish guide: Reformat Knudsen article, finish a few pages including installation instructions for (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Organizational business for ldraw.org as pertains to future activities

(...) Also, I'm most likely going to set up a Paypal account tonight. I'll let everyone know what it is, I'm sure that would be easier. -Tim (24 years ago, 12-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Organizational business for ldraw.org as pertains to future activities

Hello! I believe there are some group issues to attend to before ldraw.org starts selling CDs. I got to talk to a lot of people this weekend and received valuable input towards the direction of this now nebulous group and what needs to take place in (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jun-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.cad.datfest, lugnet.org.us) !!

  Re: Parts Library Posted to ldraw.org

(...) I see. Sorry that I misunderstood you. What I meant to say, initially, was that with the lack of terms of use statements for community submitted parts, it would be natural to assume that the terms of use for James Jessiman's original parts (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Parts Library Posted to ldraw.org

(...) Should we work towards developing a license for the parts as content separate from the ldraw.org site? Once we have this the submitting authors can read a copy and approve before they submit in the future, and we can make provisions to adopt (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDraw not to sell CD-ROM at Kidvention in July & Misc CD-ROM issues

(...) I see your point. It does depend on if the one-liner is an intelligent statement/question or if its ill-phrased and adds little value. (...) Perhaps what I meant and should have said would be more along the lines of having the person sign (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDraw not to sell CD-ROM at Kidvention in July & Misc CD-ROM issues

(...) Tim, I have to disagree with you again. If there is something which is more annoying than a person posting a one-line-reply, it is a person posting a one-line-reply _and_ five automatically inserted signature lines. I have never heard any (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Organizing the LDraw CD-ROM

(...) As of now, 1.1 resides on the CD master. I'll make a definite note to take a look and get the later version. Lars is still around, I believe Terry Keller has had email contact with them (in preparation for KidV) recently. Thanks for the (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Organizing the LDraw CD-ROM

(...) Interesting question. Because the mythical OMR doesn't exist yet, we're not including that on the CD. But we also need to take up space (to increase the amount of size - strange Povray redistribution rules and money). So I believe we can take (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact