Re: Site change suggestion
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Thu, 29 Jun 2000 17:31:19 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Jeremy H. Sproat writes:

Conversely, the MLCad UI appeals more to a beginning-level user.  (No offense
intended, Lar. :-)

And none taken.

I use too many different pieces of software to be more than a beginning level
user in a lot of them. Not because I don't use them over and over, but because
I have too much stuff to remember. What scares me is that I'm starting to
become a power user in Visio. (think about it... :-))

But nonetheless I don't necessarily agree. It's a fine point but I can use my
pointstick as fast or faster than I can the keyboard (it's a lot faster than a
mouse) especially when pointing or dragging is really the thing that needs to
be done. Moving parts and marking regions come to mind as things best done with
a mouse (or pointing device... at the mo that's a Thinkpad touchstick but 6
months ago it was a Dell touchpad... I use a mouse only when on a foreign
computer or at home...)

++Lar