Re: Site change suggestion
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Thu, 29 Jun 2000 07:30:41 GMT

"Travis Cobbs" <tcobbs@san.REMOVE.rr.com> writes:

As it stands, new users are left with the impression that the
community at large uses LDraw and LEdit as their primary tools.

I use LEdit as my primary modeling tool, L3Lab for explorative viewing
and LDLITE for final high quality rendering.

I've never used a CAD style modeling tool because I sincerely believe
that a keyboard interface is more efficient.  Especially if you bother
to learn to use the controls.

Actually, I've been thinking about commenting on the ldraw.org content
myself.  It's this text that I find somewhat bothering:

    "Do you enjoy LDraw but hate the old DOS interface?"

(From http://www.ldraw.org/feature/mlcad.html.)  I've felt that this
text is a tad bit too negative, assuming that the word "LDraw" refers
to the whole shebang, including the editor "LEdit".

But since I don't work with ldraw.org, I haven't bothered mentioning
it.  I'm just saying this now to illustrate that people have different
needs and tastes -- it's no big deal.

Fredrik