Re: Site change suggestion
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Thu, 29 Jun 2000 15:42:26 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Tim Courtney writes:
In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw Fredrik Glöckner
Actually, I've been thinking about commenting on the ldraw.org content
myself.  It's this text that I find somewhat bothering:
    "Do you enjoy LDraw but hate the old DOS interface?"
Would a more suitable phrase be 'Do you find the old DOS interface
difficult to use, and would like to see something more mouse-oriented
for parts placement and editing?'

Not speaking for Frederik, but I think it's simply a matter of levels of
expertise.  It's not necessarily true that the old DOS interface is more
difficult or bothersome, but that it appeals more to an expert user.
Conversely, the MLCad UI appeals more to a beginning-level user.  (No offense
intended, Lar. :-)

I would've suggested that there be a "power-user page" to accomodate the
"newbie page", but then that's what the FAQ is for, right?  :-,

Cheers,
- jsproat