Subject:
Organizing Renderings for Kidvention
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Fri, 23 Jun 2000 06:20:19 GMT

Hey everybody...

People who are going to display their models at the Kidvention need to
submit their .dat files or completed rendering images (preferred) to me, NO
LATER THAN SATURDAY JULY 1.  Here's what I need:

If you're submitting a rendering, please submit in PNG format [1] rendered
at 3000x2250 [2] to my email address at tim@zacktron.com.  This image will
be placed on a 17x22" poster, with the name of author, title of model, and
email address of author (LMK if you DON'T want your email on the
poster).  If you include your snail mail, I'll do my best to get the poster
out to you after the Kidvention.

If you're submitting a .dat file, please include POV camera position
instructions so it can be rendered the way you want it.  The image will be
treated same as described above.  Please send zip files for multiple
.dat's, NOT MPDs.

Here are the models which I am for sure showing,  Those I have/will get a
physical model for have a P after them.  There are several other models up
for consideration, and I need to decide because of (somewhat) limited space.

Tim Courtney <tim@zacktron.com>:
E-43 Transport P http://www.zacktron.com/alliance/mil/space/e-43.html
TSF-1 Revoker P http://www.zacktron.com/alliance/mil/space/tsf-1.html

Terry Keller <legoverse@geocities.com>:
Apache P
X-Wing P

Brandon Grifford <brandonpreaches@hotmail.com>:
Scorpion? P

Daniel Siskind <blackened@visi.com>:
Blacksmith Shop P http://www.brickmania.com/kits.html
WWII Light Tank P (same as above)

Joseph Gonzalez <hsadm2.jgonzale@email.state.ut.us>:
S.S. Verne P http://www.geocities.com/EnchantedForest/Glade/9007/verne.html

Tom Burger <tburger666@aol.com>:
Various Train scenes http://www.geocities.com/tburger666/lego/

Fredrik Glöckner <fredrik.glockner@bio.uio.no>:
Blue Race Car http://www.math.uio.no/~fredrigl/technic/v4/

Eric Kingsley <kingsley@nelug.org>:
B-Wing P http://www.ldraw.org/motm/archive/november-99.html

Jonathan Wilson <wilsonj@xoommail.com>
Shell Station

Tom McDonald/Tim Courtney:
Spamcake Render :) (you'll just have to wait)

----

If anyone else is sending their physical models, LET ME KNOW
IMMEDIATELY.  Need to get some structure here.

Please send comments and suggestions.  And remember, get your models in to
me NO LATER THAN JULY 1.  I need time to organize and put the images on CD
before leaving on the 5th.

Thanks!!

[1] Photoshop 5x handles PNG, and possibly PSP as well - its a lossless
image compression format, really versatile.

[2] 150 print dpi, 15x20" printed area on a 17x22" poster.

-Tim

http://www.zacktron.com
http://www.ldraw.org
AIM:   timcourtne
ICQ:   23951114

Rubber Chickens are the best applied use of polystyrene to date.