Re: Runtime Error 200 Patch Instructions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Wed, 21 Jun 2000 13:07:10 GMT

[trimmed newsgroups to just lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw]

In lugnet.cad, Tim Courtney wrote:

I just threw up a RTE200 patch instructions page off the Get Started
page, where the patch download is located.  The URL is:

http://www.ldraw.org/download/start/rte200.html

Could you let me know if this is adequate, and if there are any
problems?  I'll fix that ASAP.  I hope this eliminates future
confusion with users and lightens the load of that question on the
group.

Looks pretty good to me.

Two things you might consider adding:

1. Toward the beginning, mention that you should do this *after* installing
LDraw, just to catch anyone who is practicing preventative patching.

2. Mention that they should not try to patch the download archive file
ldraw.exe, but the program file ldraw.exe.  (I'm gonna be really glad when
ldraw.exe is replaced with ldraw027.exe).

Steve