Re: Organizational business for ldraw.org as pertains to future activities
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Thu, 15 Jun 2000 22:13:11 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Tim Courtney writes:
In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Shiri Dori writes: • <snip>
Something to look into.

Here's how I see the whole tax status thingie.  We can either:

File for a corporation and tax exempt status.  This will most likely delay the
ability to distribut the CD, because any sales made before tax exempt status
is granted will be taxed.  There will be a lot of organizing needing to take
place.  The downside here is the CDs are delayed, but we'd get more $$ to play
with in the long run if successful for future stuff.

<snip>
Something to think about.  Discussion?  Vote?

-Tim

I personally think that you should try to get it tax exempted. Considering
that it is already used by thousands of people world wide, as freeware, whos
creator has passed on but opened up the initial code for parts addition, it
already has a public domain status really. If you wish to protect the product
and ensure it's future, free from greed, you should try to do this as soon as
possible. I think that waiting for this to occur will be well worth the wait.

Rich

--
Have Fun! C-Ya!

Legoman34

*****
Legoman34 (Richard W. Schamus)... (No, I don't work for TLC, but I want
to...)

BRICKFEST 2001 IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER... START MAKING PLANS TODAY.

Card carrying LUGNET MEMBER: #70
Visit http://www.wamalug.org &
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Castle/1334
...(the wait is over...)
..."The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself." ...
*****