Re: Proposal: New Parts Category for round parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Thu, 10 Jan 2002 08:39:43 GMT

Steve Bliss <partsref@yahoo.com> writes:

OK.  I generally use 'rod' as a straight synonym for 'bar'.

I have no reason to believe that this is not more correct than my
understanding, so let's go with "Technic Tie-Rod".  That is probably
the best solution.

In that case, can we move the 'Brick with pin(s)' parts to Technic
Brick?

It's a hard question!  Bricks that are "modified" in some way are
normally called "Brick  ? x  ? with ???" in LDraw.  I think this is a
sensible way to categorize the elements.  The bricks with pin(s)
follow this tradition closely today, and I see no need to recategorize
these elements.  However, it can be argued that the technic pin(s)
makes the bricks technic elements.  For example, the "Technic Brick 1
x 2" could have been called "Brick  1 x  2 with Hole".  But at some
point, it was probably decided that it was better to introduce a
separate category for technic elements.  Now, is the "Brick  1  x 2
with Pin" a technic element?

Fredrik