Re: Proposal: New Parts Category for round parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Tue, 8 Jan 2002 08:19:18 GMT

Steve Bliss <partsref@yahoo.com> writes:

Beam 3L
Beam 3L Liftarm

or

Beam 3L
Beam 3L with Axle Holes

I think I like the upper version, but I'm not sure.  I suppose we
can't have both?  :-)

BTW, we may benefit from using " 1 x  3" rather "3L".  This may make
it easier to incorporate the L shaped beams.

(note: I don't know of a 'beam 3L' currently, just the
halfbeam/liftarm 6632)

I think there exists a 3 hole full width smooth round ended beam.  It
looks like LEGO plan to introduce a full line of these beams.  I like
them!

1) Actually, they differ by the names given to them by TLC, but I'm
trying to work out a logical/predictive naming system, not just
record the actual names.

This sound like a good approach.  It is better to find a system than
to blindly adapt the LEGO names.

Fredrik