Re: Proposal: New Parts Category for round parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Mon, 7 Jan 2002 20:39:15 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Robert M. Rodinsky writes:

IMHO we should try to describe parts as genericly (sp?) as possible
regardless of the obvious or how LEGO has used it in any particular set(s).
There's always some imaginative builder who can use a part in a way nobody
thought of before. Let's try not to limit that imagination.

Well put. Describe parts by their geometry and connectivity configuration,
not by the theme they came from or the type of use they were first put to.

ONLY when doing so is terribly unweildly (sp!) would I break from that. Thus:

not "rod 5l with angled plate and molded bristles"
but "minifig pushbroom"

But those are the exception.