Re: Proposal: New Parts Category for round parts / Beams & bricks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Sat, 5 Jan 2002 14:34:21 GMT

"Philippe Hurbain" <philohome@free.fr> writes:

- Technic bricks with holes are refered as "Technic bricks"
- smooth bricks as "Beams", angled ones as "Technic angular beams"
- 1/2 height with cross holes are refered as "Technic levers" which imho is
the real term for "liftarms"

This is very interesting!  In the light of this information, I would
suggest that the non-liftarms in the liftarm part category get renamed
to "beam", "beam angular/angled" and "halfbeam", respectively.  The
parts that are liftarms can still be called "liftarm", in my opinion.

Some parts are a bit more difficult.  For example the "32056 Technic
Liftarm 3 x 3 L Shape".  Is it a liftarm or a halfbeam?  In the light
of the information from LEGO above, I would say it's a halfbeam.

On the other hand, though, it is certainly not obvious that it is
desireable to adopt actual LEGO names for our parts library.  So the
question is absolutely open for discussion.

Fredrik