 CAD / Development / 9083
Re: LDGLite outputting gobble-dee-goo to terminal window
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.mac, lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Fri, 25 Jul 2003 14:13:58 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.mac, Christopher Masi wrote:

Whoa, that is weird. Are you calling different drivers or is the OS
doing that? By the way, 640x480 works fine selecting parts and moving
them in -le or -LE mode. 800x600 doesn't, and 1024x740 works as
previously described.

The OS is selecting the drivers.  If I want to select them myself I
have to write all sorts of icky OS specific code.

Man nothing works like you would expect it to when you are programing,
huh :)?

It gets worse.  I did some searching on this.  Apparently, according to
the source on this page, I may need to check if my opengl context has
been changed anytime the window is resized.

http://developer.apple.com/samplecode/Sample_Code/Graphics_3D/Carbon_OpenGL/main.c.htm

That means I also have to adjust any OpenGL context dependent bug fixes
whenever the the window is resized.  I'm opening this discussion up beyond
the mac group because I'm hoping someone (like Travis) can tell me if
this is true on other platforms besides the Mac.

Don