 Administrative / General / 4630
Re: Self Organisation (Was: Re: No gimmicks, just some free background images)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.council
Date:
Mon, 21 Feb 2000 20:35:37 GMT

Scott A wrote:
It is apparent to me that if .council is to work (ie  discuss,
deliberate, arbitrate, etc. on controversial issues) it is important • that
each council member (councillor) has the respect on the general populous
(remember that game?) of LUGNet. With this in mind, I hope Todd will • base
his choice on this. Furthermore, as LUGNet is a Global entity, I'd like • to
see the council reflect this. Lastly, it may be worth the bigger groups
within LUGNet represented directly (trains, castle, sw, ldraw, robotics,
loc.uk, etc). I'm sure there would be overlap between these realms if
individuals are chosen strategically.

These are not demands. Just suggestions.

Good point.

If you infer that I was invited you would be correct...

I did not mean to infer, but I did assume it to be the case.

It's not my place to reveal who else Todd invited, it's Todd's, so
you'll have to take my word for this, but I do know who he invited, at
least in the first round, and I would say that there is representation
from many geographies, from many interest groups, and from many
different viewpoints about enforcement, leniency, and so forth. Further,
I'd posit that if the names were named, I suspect you'd agree that most
if not all are highly regarded in the community.

You include yourself in this? :-)

I must admit, I find this whole development rather interesting. I anticipate
that, if LUGNet continues to grow, this may be part of what defines its
growth.

Scott A