 Administrative / General / 4595
Re: No gimmicks, just some free background images
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sun, 20 Feb 2000 17:30:23 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Richard Franks writes:

I would guess that jury deliberations are private to protect the individual
members, or because of the seriousness of certain crimes. Neither of these are
applicable to a panel that discusses posting infractions on a LEGO newsgroup!

On the other hand...

I personally think the panel should present a united front.  This is why I
think that the idea of appeals is not such a good one.  Once something is being
talked about by "the panel", it's pretty clear the T&C have been violated.  All
that needs to be worked out is whether and what disciplinary actions need to be
taken, and why/why not.

I think that can be done "behind closed doors", as long as the reasons are
explained.  Perhaps if there is a dissenting opinion, it can be written up, as
in the way the Supreme Court functions.

eric