 Administrative / General / 4610
Re: No gimmicks, just some free background images
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 21 Feb 2000 04:23:33 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote in message <38B05490.B7C062B8@voyager.net>...
Lorbaat wrote:

Here, we disagree again.  I think the T&C are perfectly valid as they • stand.  I
don't see what's "broken" about them.  What do you think is broken?  Keep • in
mind that people violating them (whether through laziness, intent, or • slip-up)
and people mistakenly accusing other people of breaking them doesn't • indicate
that they're broken.

Valid, yes in that they are internally consistent. But broken in that
they prevent things that are reasonable and necessary.

Also at least partly broken in that they rely on Todd's interpretation that
a "sealed bid auction" is not an auction (at least if it doesn't call itself
an auction).

Has anyone thought about my mind exercise of how an eBay auction is
sufficiently different from a sealed bid auction to justify being an auction
for Lugnet purposes where a sealed bid auction is a sale/trade?

I think Todd also realizes that the T&C need some work, at least a clear
definition of what an auction is. This of course based on the fact that he
started a thread to discuss that issue.

Frank