 Administrative / General / 4525
Re: No gimmicks, just some free background images
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 18 Feb 2000 03:11:29 GMT

On Thu, 17 Feb 2000 22:33:50 GMT, "Lorbaat" <eric@nospam.thirteen.net>
wrote:

In any event, as I said, you should at least be prepared for people who feel
differently than you about matters to post and say so.  There seem to me to be
a lot of people reading these posts, but not discussing them, and I can only
assume that means they haven't made up their minds.  If you can feel free to
post your opinions, I can only assume that you would want someone with a
dissenting opinion to post theirs, in the spirit of discussion and open debate.

I'm frankly sick of reading all this, but just because I'm not posting
doesn't mean I don't have an opinion.

My opinion, briefly:

Scott has a history of this, but I am inclined to believe he just
might have made a quick, poorly worded post here.  I say that because
this week I have also posted sale notices to .bst that point to a page
that indeed does have items for sale but also mentions that if they
don't sale for asking price, they will be auctioned.  Still, I'm not
mentioning the auctions in the post, so we're not talking the same
thing.  I can see the "laziness" that could bring about the confusion,
though.

Laziness isn't an excuse, though, although it can be a reason.

Scott did seem rather flippantly unconcerned with what he'd done, but
this is all text here, and I myself have been accused of being things
that I didn't mean to inject into the post.

This HAS gone on too long and HAS generated too many hard feelings in
too many people.  I'm tired of it and tired of people harping about
it.  Which leads me to my final point, and I make this rather
strongly:

Todd needs, imo, to do something that has been suggested before.
Either:

a) Tell everyone else to shut the heck up and rule on all this crap
himself (and thus stop wasting everyone else's time - because everyone
else, or at least a few really vocal people, WILL continue to bat the
issue(s) back and forth) and be done with it.  Make a public statement
to the tune of "I'm the boss here, I enforce the rules, keep your
traps shut and let me take care of business."

or

b) Develop some kind of group moderating/rule enforcing taskforce and
delegate the authority/responsibility for that sort of thing to THEM,
with an appeal to Todd being possible if he were willing to consider
it.  Better people than I have not only suggested this, but
volunteered to DO it.

I say we've reached the point that we need some official word.  All
this garbage is wasting too much of my time and, frankly, making me
want to just monitor the market groups and ignore the other things.  I
think these sort of harsh feelings have spread and become contagious.
After falling behind in .castle recently I started trying to catch up
(mainly to take a break from reading all this "Scott's evil! No,
Scott's misunderstood!" BS) and was disgusted to find the same sort of
bickering going on between people in there.  So I'm behind again and
will probably stay that way.

To be honest, I read Lugnet from time to time at work to get AWAY from
petty bickering.  Now I'm finding myself taking walks instead to get
away from the temptation to read the bickering here.

--
The parts you want and nothing else?