  *91665 (-100)
  Re: Grecian Urn

(...) from (...) I used anything that came in the standard tubs and buckets, so that would be both 1x's and 2x's. The picture showing the 3 parts also shows reasonably well the alignment pieces that aid in mating the top and bottom to the middle. (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.build)

  Re: A new pirate ship.

(...) I feel off my chair laughing about sailing with Impunity! It was a great amalgam of the ideas bandied about here. Bruce (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Java API for NQC

I am working for a hardware/software company in The Netherlands and we are in the process of organising a 'build the best robot using Mindstorms and Java' challenge. The idea is to judge people not only by the the robot they build but also by the (...) (25 years ago, 5-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Grecian Urn

(...) from (...) Great! I'm happy to leave the SW building to others and work on more novel things. (...) The vision of a blue and white one had previously flashed through my mind, but the barber pole stripe pattern looked odd. (...) Actually, (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.build)

  Re: Lighting Up Legoville.

The 846 is still listed on Carbon 60's Busy Bee page, last updated Nov. 15 I think. I've not bought any from them myself, though, so if anybody finds out whether they are still actually in stock, please post. (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  Servos, power, and the expansion board

I've got four servos attatched to my expansion board and unless I keep the charger attatched in ZAP mode, I experience a lot of jittering. Has anyone else experienced this? Perhaps the NiCads in my Handyboard are old? Anyhow, I'm going to sever the (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Wanted - Scala accessories

I need 2 of each of the following: (URL) S@H is out of 5414, and doesn't carry 5401. If anyone outside of the US can get these for me at original cost plus shipping, please let me know, thanks. -- | Tom Stangl, Technical Support Netscape (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Legofest

Non mi smentisco mai... in due messaggi ci saranno diecimila errori di battitura. Vabbè che sono un perito industriale, ma vi giuro che mi hanno insegnato a scrivere ;-) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.it)

  Re: Legofest

...comunque quello in basso nel logo alla pagina http:threeamigos.freeweb.org sono io. Bhè, prossimamente pubblicherò qualche mia (ORRANDA) foto. NDR se ero una bella topa era meglio (per voi) PS mi piacciono tutti e due gli spunti per ii progetti (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.it)

  Re: 5824 Millimy's House

(...) I should have highlighted that that was not a complete parts inventory. Yes, there are dark pink "cherries". The blue thing inside the tower is a opening box (I think I've only seen these in Scala sets, but not sure). (...) The blue is the (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.belville, lugnet.reviews)

  Re: Legofest

(...) No, è mio padre, io sono quello dietro alla webcam ( ;-) ) e quello argentato è il mio portatile. Stavamo facendo vedere alla nonna le foto fatte. (...) Grazie! Non so quanto sarò attivo prossimamente. Sono temporaneamente in giro per (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.it)

  Re: Target second round of reductions

I live in Solano County in Northern California. I think I had good luck with some of the bigger leftover sets because people up here don't tend to spend that much on Lego (or other things I suppose) for their kids.... I mean, this is not Silicon (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: 4x4x3 cone! (was: Re: Reference Site Inconsistencies)

(...) Yup I've just checked it (I have two of the cones from the 725 freight train) (URL) the cone is three bricks tall, the size 4x4x3 is correct. -Frank (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.build)

  Re: A new pirate ship.

Richard Parsons <rparsons@hinet.net.au> wrote in message news:FnwvCu.Hx7@lugnet.com... (...) Richard: This is a marvelous little piece of storytelling. You've done a great job of weaving the story lines developed here in lugnet.pirates and meshing (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Mandtal

Navn.........: Peter Jepsen Nickname.........: Goopher (IRC) Køn.........: M Fødselsår.........: 1973 Bopæl.........: Østerbro, København E-post.........: LegeB@msen.dk Websted.........: (URL) Bemærk : "Jeg har ikke nogen home page" Så er du (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.dk)

  Re: Legofest

(...) :-)))) Sei tu quello nella foto assieme alla nonna? Bentornato, abbiamo sentito la tua mancanza :-) Mario (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.it)

  Re: 4x4x3 cone! (was: Re: Reference Site Inconsistencies)

(...) I do, but it's back at my mom's house in the SF Bay Area, and I'm here in sunny Cambridge, MA. If memory serves, it is indeed three bricks tall. It's a cool piece, and I'm surprised TLC has never brought it back, since they seem to have a (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.build)

  Re: Target second round of reductions

(...) I went to the Ann Arbor Target today, and I had to fight off the all women in there! I did get the new train, as well as the Rock Raider HQ and the Pharaoh Ruins, the train was 77, and the others were 47. The train was 55 dollars off, at (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: 5824 Millimy's House

(...) thanks so much, frank! aren't there also some magenta scala-berries in this set? i'm only going by the catalogue pics, but there appears to be some in the blue bucket... there also appears to be something blue inside the trans pink tower. this (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.belville, lugnet.reviews)

  Re: vi sentite grandi costruttori? guardate qui

(...) ...non ho parole... Mario (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.it)

  Re: Legofest 22 gennaio 2000

(...) Nessun problema per l'orario, tanto sarò sveglio fino alle 2 o alle 3 per preparare e programmare il modello da portare :-) No, veramente, per me anche se arrivi a mezzanotte o all'una non ci sono problemi. Ciao Mario (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.it)

  Re: Motor output multiplexing

I had the same problem. I already tried 2 aproaches: 1) One motor "slides" the second one to key positions where its small gear connects to gears in separate axles. It was not elegant and I had a problem to control the sliding motor position. It was (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Target second round of reductions

(...) I went to two Targets today. Unfortunately, one was picked clean, and the other was nearly picked clean. I picked up one Extreme Creatures and two Robosports mindstorms expansions kits for $12.97 each, two trains for $79.90 each and a tie (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  WTB Propeller from 8855

I'm looking for a number of the propellers from the Technic Prop Plane 8855. This was also available as a parts pack / service item, number 5113. I will pay cash, or possibly trade a set or two, if you can furnish me with this item, so please let me (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: What should I do with my 8855s?

On Thu, 6 Jan 2000, Scott-A (<3874C7EC.5863D08A@hw.ac.uk>) wrote at 16:50:52 (...) It's only a request for discussion at this stage :-) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.technic)

  Re: What should I do with my 8855s?

On Thu, 6 Jan 2000, Mark Koesel (<FnxJn9.DnF@lugnet.com>) wrote at 20:01:49 (...) Good idea. I don't think I'll get many bites, though, as most people seem to be looking for this part, rather than selling it. Watch b-s-t :-) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Storing bricks at low temperatures

On Thu, 6 Jan 2000, Huw Millington (<FnxHzs.Mwr@lugnet.com>) wrote at 19:21:29 (...) That's the other of my concerns :-) (...) Hmmm. The bed is doable. The bathroom would require a commitment to stay here for a long time, or lose quite a bit on the (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.general, lugnet.storage)

  4x4x3 cone! (was: Re: Reference Site Inconsistencies)

(...) Whoa! Wow! (URL) learn somethin' new about LEGO every day! :) --Todd p.s. Question: Was it really 3 standard bricks tall (most likely) or perchance was it just shy or just over 3 tall? Anyone got one for real? (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.build)

  Re: Swearing?

Laura Gjovaag <tegan@eskimo.com> schreef in berichtnieuws Pine.SUN.3.96.100010...imo.com... (...) and (...) Laura, I have one word (name) for ya: Nietzsche. -- Arjan Brugman - abrugman@casema.net Arjan.Brugman@philips.com (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Motor output multiplexing

I have a 2 x 4 gearbox and a 2 x 14 gearbox on my website. Since you forgot to mention your website address I don't know wether my design is better or worse than yours though. The page to look for is 'more outputs' on www.bvandam.net CU Bert (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Degrees of Freedom - an introductory tutorial

In kinematics there is a concept called "degrees of freedom." It's usually abbreviated "DOF." A degress of freedom is one axis of physical movement (this discussion is restricted to real motion - virtual degrees of freedom won't be discussed). If (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  (canceled)

  Part 30358: SW Landspeeder Engine

Hi folx, I recently discovered that I've had this part 95% complete for a while now. I don't have time (nor will I in the forseeable future) to complete it, so I was wondering if any competent parts authors would like to finish it off. If anyone is (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: I want to start a Space box

(...) I'd definitely be interested. I am interested in a limited set of space, but wind up with almost the full range from eBay purchases. (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.jambalaya)

  Re: RCX onboard timer and motor pulsing

(...) For fun, with a second sensor you can make a gouvenor, which takes it speed from the track, and with a third motor you can change the gouvenor setting :-). It works reasonably with the ligth sensor as well. Then it is analog. But I found the (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.trains)

  241 oops

Would the person that uploaded the alternate version of the 241 idea book please upload file 1 (pages 1-9). I accidentially deleted it while processing. KL (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.announce.brickshelf)

  Re: Very high-detail scans of the SW Collector's series sets

As cool as it'd be, I'd be happy with a UCS A-Wing and B-Wing. I love those ships! The big question is, would the Millenium Falcon be at the same scale? Jeff (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Lighting Up Legoville.

(...) 846 is a 9V pack. When I checked several months ago, Busy Bee was out of these. If they have more, I'd love to hear it, I'd like to buy some. (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Reference Site Inconsistencies

(...) [snip] (...) Yes, this was used as the nose cone for the rocket in 358 (Rocket Base) and is also in 230 (Salon Colette). So I guess I ought to model it !! Chris (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: How many sets?

(...) Yup, and then you'll probably beat me in those categories, too. Although, I do plan on getting more of the castle sets with the steep blue Corner slopes. (...) I *really* wish I'd gotten some copies of those when they we out, but my lego (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Very high-detail scans of the SW Collector's series sets

It would easially be the best set of all time. KL (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Very high-detail scans of the SW Collector's series sets

(...) Jiminy H. Cricket! OMG, totally! That would rock so hard! If a UCS Millennium Falcon cost $500.00 and had 5000 pieces and if was as accurate and anywhere near as great as the TIE Interceptor and the X-wing, I'll bet it would still sell out! (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: question for Canadians

(...) Based on regular prices (without any sales), Superstore does indeed have the cheapest Lego. However, since Bay and Zellers have 15-20% off toys once in a while, those stores have cheaper Lego at times. However, Superstore has 25% off Lego (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  FS/FT Trans Elements--all colors

TRANSPARENT ELEMENTS FOR SALE OR TRADE ~~~...~~~ A lot of good pieces available here. All are USED and most are in good to excellent condition. Further descriptions send upon request. Your satisfaction is my priority. Email me if interested in (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  (canceled)

  Re: Fujita LEGO Star Wars Website

(...) Yes, this site is just awesome. The way Mr. Fujita used pre-SW Lego to build vehicles & scenes from SW is simply amazing! Some specific points: -His choice of minifigs to represent various characters is great. -He made his own R2-D2. -Yoda (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.loc.jp)

  Re: RcxCC Editor

Actually, additional to this, it seems to be caused by colouring of keywords. I've turned that off and the problem has gone away. -- Mark R www.markrendle.co.uk Mark Rendle <rendle2000@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Fnv5uJ.J2r@lugnet.com... (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Do you build sets you buy for parts?

(...) I never buy things for the sets -- all of the purchases are for parts. That said, I usually do put together the set first thing, partly as a sort of Lego Ritual. With a lot of technic stuff, I'm glad that I do -- I often learn interesting (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Very high-detail scans of the SW Collector's series sets

These are better than we thought. Now we just need to pray for a UCE Millennium Falcon! KL (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  RE: Design Problem

The drop zone ride in the Great America ride across the street uses magnetic effects, without mechanic contact. Not reproducible with Lego... Braking the fall directly is probably not easy. I'd look into intalling something on the lower part of the (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: What should I do with my 8855s?

How about: 5) Sell the kits as they are (you ought to get between $100 and $200 per set) and then take some of the profit and buy some propellers from someone with spare ones (surely someone has some spares -- they were available as a parts pack (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.technic)

  Re: I want to start a Space box

I'd be interested also...... Roger (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.jambalaya)

  Re: Very high-detail scans of the SW Collector's series sets

(...) Yes, Thanks Richard! (...) Nope, it is hinged so the nose can taper at a shallow angle. Look at the tiles, and notice how they get thinner as they near the tip of the nose? Some cool pieces: < X-Wing > Lots of Tiles!! (Dark?) Gray Scala Flower (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Shifty Pics (Re: Interesting Castle on Ebay)

Here's some pics of Shifty boxes: (URL) a link from the construction clones page (URL) copies of lego boxes! i'm no expert but i'm inclined to believe that this dalu set is another rip-off clone. getting that photography so close to classic lego (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: I want to start a Space box

I'd be interested, I'm not much into space, though I've got a bunch of stuff I could add to it to get it out of my parts bins :) and who knows.. I might find a few good parts to keep myself :) are you talking Classic space or all space themes? Tamy (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.jambalaya)

  Re: Fujita LEGO Star Wars Website

In scale-modeling circles, we used to call someone who did a project like this a "sick puppy." This guy is VERY "sick". James (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.loc.jp)

  Re: How many sets?

(...) I'm glad I made somebody's day! Since I don't buy Castle sets, you guys got me beat in a few areas. The low sloped and steep sloped corners in blue are going to be my next acquisition in 2000. They are in Ninja and the new Castle sets. You (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lighting Up Legoville.

The 12V lighting bricks seem to work just fine on 9V, too (since most people aren't gonna want to shell out $40+ for a 7864 to light their town, I thought I'd point this out). The 12V bricks work nicely. Also check out lighting pack 846 (I think?), (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Knights Kingdom King as a soldier?

I've been trying to get a bunch of them for an army also, I figured if I changed the heads around a little and put some different legs and arms on them they still wouldn't be exactly like the King, so I don't see it being a problem. So far I've got (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  I want to start a Space box

Hey folks! I've been accumulating space parts (my favorite genre) over the last year or so as I ran my trading page, and I'd like to start a box with all kinds of space goodies. So I'm gauging interest. Post here if a bunch of you want to set this (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.jambalaya)

  Re: Looking for 3225 Classic Train

AFAIK they are only and have always only been available through S@H (in the US) -John (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Design Problem

Its a Drop Zone amusement ride. The cars are pulled up to the top and then they fall down. Ive used magnets to attach the cars to the lifter but i cant figure out how to brake the cars. I dont have any pictures up yet. (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Storing bricks at low temperatures

Tony Priestman <Tony@you-rang.demon.co.uk> wrote in message news:05FilHAIQLd4EwF...n.co.uk... (...) Theft is more likely to be a problem than low temperature, I would have thought. You'll just have to get rid of the spare bed and the unused (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.general, lugnet.storage)

  Re: Construction Site

(...) Yup, it's a website, and it's a store, and it's a LEGO fan's dream! The web address (URL) is: (URL) the real-life address is: 284 Moody Street Waltham, MA 02453 Directions to their store: (URL) the best of my knowledge, The Construction Site (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos)

  Re: Mindstorms destroy my pocketbook!

Well, i havent spent a lot on it, but ive got this model im designing right now. Its used up all of my long beams (12+ studs) and i cant figure out how to finish it. I dont want to take it a part until its finished, so right ow im stuck. (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Another way to market Lego Bricks

(...) has (...) You didn't read my original post close enough. The price would be the same as it is now for ordering through S@H. You would just indicate that you bought it because you went someone's party. The person buying the Legos pays the same. (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Very high-detail scans of the SW Collector's series sets

(...) I don't think those are worm gears. They look more like the flexible ribbed tubing that has been used in most Technic sets recently. Jeff (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Automatic decoupler designs?

OK, got it. Instructions even included. (...) chopper (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Has any one else noticed this lately?

(...) I've seen it too. Probably the same sort of thinking that says it's OK to remove price tags if you can thereby screw up the store pricing system and get a better deal. I have taken to checking very closely and taking stuff with flaws up, along (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Automatic decoupler designs?

I recall somebody posting pictures of a design that sounds like the below here (or maybe on RTL?--but I'm pretty sure it was here) not tooooo long ago. I think the stubby tapered beam can be had for example in the red Technic chopper that's been on (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Do you build sets you buy for parts?

(...) Ben, all LEGO sets are merely parts packs for my building! I have an obscene amount of the following that I have mostly1 never built: 6075 - 10 (Yellow Castle), never built a single one. 6382 - 5 (Fire Station), ditto. 760 - 35 (London Bus) (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  LDAO 2.1.0 still beta?

Anyone know whether LDAO 2.1.0 is still in the "beta" stage? It's not up on Steve Bliss' LDAO page as the current version. What bugs still remain? James Wilson (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Motor output multiplexing

Hi Simon, I'd be interested in seeing what you've done. I'll be needing as many motors as I can get in the near future. Is there a web site? David Leeper (cannot have too many motors) (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Very high-detail scans of the SW Collector's series sets

On Thu, 6 Jan 2000, Steve Bliss (<D5l0OFetPfE0Nm+f3Z...@4ax.com>) wrote at 13:31:38 (...) No. Look at the port top wing. Third piece in from the left on the back end of the laser. It's got the hole for a leg on top, if you see what I mean. (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Reference Site Inconsistencies

I was cross-checking some information between LDraw/Partsref, Lutz Uhlmann's Parts Reference, and James Jessiman's Unofficial LEGO Parts Listing. I was specifically looking at the parts with number less than 1000[1], because I need to get a better (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Construction Site

(...) The Construction Site is a store in Waltham Massachusetts. The best LEGO store I have ever been in! They do have a web site: (URL) have basically everything in current production and even a few sets from a couple of years ago that are out of (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Construction Site

(...) The Construction Site is actually a small toy store in Waltham, Massachusetts that sells ONLY construction toys. And as you might guess, a large part of that is Lego. If you're not in MA, you can always see them online at (URL) ... they've got (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Construction Site

(I think the (...) What is the Contruction Site? I've never heard of it before, and now it's turned up about 5 times today all over LUGNet. Is it a website? I fit is, I *NEED* to know it's address. Someone please help! Karl Martinson (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: B-Wing Review

(...) I'll be the first to admit that none of the Lego EP1 sets hold a candle to the MOCs that have been posted here. (In fact, probably the only Lego SW set that holds its own with some folk's MOCS is the X-Wing.) I'm just saying that, for (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.reviews)

  Re: B-Wing Review

(...) Actually, you have a very good point regarding the X-Wing & Snowspeeder. Here is how I'd rate the SW sets that I own: X-Wing: Best Model Interpretation. The X-Wing is the most accurate of all the ships, IMO Snowspeeder: Most Ingenious Use of (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: B-Wing Review

(...) I certainly am not. Both the A-Wing and B-Wing are awful models, IMO. They are tiny, flimsy and rather ugly, especially when compared to just about every MOC I've seen of them. Of course, I'm biased because of my MOCs, which are two of the (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.reviews)

  Re: Knights Kingdom King as a soldier?

(...) Not that it's necessarily worth it (but it's a thought).. if you're looking for helmets, there's always the FK castle accessories pack (I think the Construction Site still has them, for pretty cheap)... that comes with the black bullet and (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: What all has TLC done?

(...) last year, and it was weak. Just after posting that message, I saw some really useful parts on some SW sets, esp. the Sith Infiltrator. But, I'd never want a TIE viewport. Maybe I'll just get hold of a TIE Interceptor instead. But, I'll never (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Do you build sets you buy for parts?

(...) Nope. In fact, of the thousands of sets that I've bought, I think I'm still in single digits for the number of sets I've actually built. Off the top of my head they include: The Landspeeder 6078 6090 6086 (bought that used) 6067 4559 Probably (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Knights Kingdom King as a soldier?

(...) Excellent ideas! I am definitly going to steal some of them (Ideas that is) once I get a few more Kings. Thanks, Eric K. The New England LEGO Users Group (URL) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Knights Kingdom King as a soldier?

(...) Actually I have more of a problem with helmets than I do with heads not being a long time Castle collector. I have plenty of Classic Smilies from my Classic Space sets so the heads won't be a problem. (...) Definitly a bonus. (...) I guess I (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Automatic decoupler designs?

(...) That'd be great, Frank! I generated a few flimsy Kadee/LEGO conversion prototypes, but I need to beef them up before they withstand contant use. My kids destroy them in no time, and thus function as excellent beta testers for my designs. I (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Has any one else noticed this lately?

I hit the jackpot at a local Target today. (I tell you what I got a little later!) One thing I did notice were a LOT of sets that were bought, VERY carefully opened, looted, and returned. I noticed it on 2 different Amazon Ruins. The tape on the (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: NELUG Meeting: 1-10-2000

(...) You're right. I'm usually very anal about that one, to the point of writing "it is" instead of "it's" 90% of the time so as not to blow it. If I realised I'd typed it, I'd have changed it. eric (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ma, lugnet.loc.us.nh, lugnet.loc.us.me, lugnet.loc.us.ct, lugnet.loc.us.vt, lugnet.loc.us.ri)

  Re: What all has TLC done?

(...) I disagree with you on this one completely. What you made is a blanket statement and while much if not most of the new LEGO sets are juniorized they are not all juniorized. IMO the Star Wars sets are anything but juniorized. These sets are (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Scale?

(...) I'm not big on calculations either. My minifig scale is "minifigs can fit in it". :) James (URL) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Motor output multiplexing

I have just built a 2 motor to 4 output multiplexer. (One motor is used to direct the output of the other to one of four axles. It is easily expandible to 6 outputs) It works, but it's not very elegant and my feeling is that it could be done with (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Micro-fig Dropship

(...) Thanks Ben, it seems weird to me when good builders like you and others think my stuff is good, since I admire your creations (Ronin, Kodiak, Marauder, Kite are all wicked!) and others creations so much. Thanks again! Mladen Pejic, over and (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: What all has TLC done?

(...) The new stuff is pathetic. It's too juniorized to be useful. Z (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: What should be in the next version of RcxCC

(...) Maybe this was already posted: the color coding doesn't work for multiline macros. (because of that, I thought for a while that they weren't even legal in NQC!) thanks /Vlad (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Knights Kingdom King as a soldier?

(...) I was thinking about doing this as well. The only problem I'm running into is where do I get all the heads to use as replacements since I'm also planning on replacing all of the moronic Moomen heads as well. (...) I'm really buying the set (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Looking for.....

4x4x3 slanted window frames in black as in set 6398. Either trade or sale. Thanx, Roger (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Knights Kingdom King as a soldier?

(...) It probably wouldn't be too bad, and I may do that with some of my extra King Leos if I get more. Currently, though, all six are being used for another purpose: Servants! I made four into trumpeteers, using classic smilies and black peasant (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: B-Wing Review

(...) Wow! Now thats saying something. Does that include the Snow Speeder and the X-Wing as well? I personal don't expect to be as impressed this time around as I was with those to sets. As far as the B-Wing goes I expect to like it for what it is (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.reviews)

  Re: Knights Kingdom King as a soldier?

(...) Leo Thats exactley what I've been doing. I've got about ten of them so far (Thank you Kmart Bogo!) Anyways, I've been giving the king a different head, dark grey arms, and the new helmet that comes in King Leo. Put him on a horse, give him a (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

Skipped 47 messages in groups lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.off-topic.test (Skip-filter settings)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact