 General / 13232
Re: Swearing?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 6 Jan 2000 21:20:06 GMT

Laura Gjovaag <tegan@eskimo.com> schreef in berichtnieuws
Pine.SUN.3.96.1000104094929.7395D-100000@eskimo.com...
On Mon, 3 Jan 2000, Matthew Miller wrote:

item number 5, and the key words are "obscene", "vulgar", "profane", • and
"indecent".

All of those are subjective terms.

Are they really?

The language is clear enough to me.  If it is likely to be considered any
of those terms by a majority of people in a social group, in this case a
social group that involves children and their parents, then it is
unacceptable.

I'm smart enough to figure that out, so are most of the people who post
here.  Are you telling me that there are people here who are unable to
figure out such a basic concept?  Do we have to compile a list of "taboo"
words for the folks who can't think for themselves?  That's very sad.  I
thought fans of LEGO were smarter than average.

-Laura

Laura,  I have one word (name) for ya:

Nietzsche.

--