 CAD / Development / 3572
3571  |  3573
Subject:
Reference Site Inconsistencies
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 6 Jan 2000 18:59:52 GMT

I was cross-checking some information between LDraw/Partsref, Lutz Uhlmann's
Parts Reference, and James Jessiman's Unofficial LEGO Parts Listing.  I was
specifically looking at the parts with number less than 1000[1], because I need
to get a better handle on the parts in this range.

Here are the URLs:

<http://www.lugnet.com/cad/ldraw/parts/ref/> Partsref
<http://silo.riv.csu.edu.au/~jjessiman/lego/legopart.html> James Jessiman's
Unofficial LEGO® parts listing
<http://titan.informatik.uni-bonn.de/~uhlmann/partlst.html> Lutz Uhlmann's Parts
Reference

Naturally, after a certain amount of work, MS-Excel crashed while I was trying
to save the file for the first time. grr.

While browsing, I noticed some oddities of greater or lesser significance.

First, Lutz lists a part, lg_0966 Cone 4 x 4 x 3, but has no picture for it.
Did LEGO ever produce a part which matches this description?

Some of the parts on James' pages were not released in LDraw.  I assume he drew
these parts in enough detail to create the images on his reference pages, but
they were not complete enough to release.  An example of this is part 41.  This
part looks like the same level crossing as Arne Hackstein authored as part 813.

Can anyone confirm that part 41 is the same as 813?

In the future, for the purposes of assigning numbers to
parts-for-which-we-don't-know-the-numbers, is it reasonable to ignore the part
numbers which are assigned only on James' reference site?

Steve
--
1) Would it be allowed to have part 0?