 CAD / Development / 3676
Re: Reference Site Inconsistencies
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 19 Jan 2000 12:13:05 GMT

"Steve Bliss" <blisses@worldnet.att.net> wrote...
First, Lutz lists a part, lg_0966 Cone 4 x 4 x 3, but has no picture for it.
Did LEGO ever produce a part which matches this description?

Yes, I began modelling the 358 Rocket Base in LEdit two years ago, and almost
finished, when I realized the top of the rocket was not in LDraw yet.
Should of course have checked before I started...

Some of the parts on James' pages were not released in LDraw.  I assume he drew
these parts in enough detail to create the images on his reference pages, but
they were not complete enough to release.  An example of this is part 41.  This
part looks like the same level crossing as Arne Hackstein authored as part 813.

Can anyone confirm that part 41 is the same as 813?

Judging from the images on James's site and a fresh LDraw of Arne Hackstein's parts,
they are the same - and the same as the level crossing I hold in my hand! It must be
25 years old, and hasn't any numbers on it.
41 = 813 Train Level Crossing Base
42 = 812 Train Level Crossing Center Rail Cap Insert

1) Would it be allowed to have part 0?

I think Terry once mentioned that he had an (empty) 0.dat he used for positioning
and setting of the rotation point...

/Lars