 Local / United Kingdom / 2602
Re: Very high-detail scans of the SW Collector's series sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 6 Jan 2000 20:07:43 GMT

These are better than we thought.  Now we just need to pray for a UCE
Millennium Falcon!

KL

n lugnet.loc.uk, Todd Lehman writes:
In lugnet.starwars, Jonathan Wilson <wilsonj@xoommail.com> writes:
5) Two words:  Technic Luke.  AAAAIIIGH!  (On the other hand:  Technic Tie
Pilot.)

Nope! No Such Luck. They are not allowed to produce technic SW figs
because whoever makes the starwars action figures has an exclusive
liscence for those and technic figs are considered action figures
(but minifigs aren't)

I think these are minifig-scale[1] anyway, which would be very cool, IMHO.

One possible clue to this (that they're minifig-scale and not Technic scale)
is that the set numbers are still part of the 71xx range of the LEGO SYSTEM
Star Wars sets.  And of course, there's the R2-D2 fig.

--Todd

[1] as in, real minifig-scale, not selective-compression minifig scale[2]
like the rest of the SW line.

[2] not that there's anything wrong with that.