 Local / United Kingdom / 2592
Re: Very high-detail scans of the SW Collector's series sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 6 Jan 2000 13:31:38 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Tony Priestman wrote:

On Mon, 3 Jan 2000, Ben Gatrelle (<Fns2s8.Jqs@lugnet.com>) wrote at
21:09:44

3) the construction of the laser cannons(?) don't match! the top left matches
the bottom right, and vice versa.  I bet this is an error in the construction
for the model pic.

And have you noticed the grey R2D2 body pieces at the back of the
lasers?

Do you mean the dk gray Scala vases that make up the exhaust ports of the
engines, or the lt gray barrel pieces that make up the, err, barrel of the
exhaust?

Hey!  Does this mean I can model that crummy vase piece in LDraw, and not have
to stick it in the Scala category? :)

Why did they use tan tractor-tread wheels on the top turbo lasers and gray TTW's
on the bottom?

Steve