(...) I saw that and a New Castle theme commerical on regular network TV. They use real people as the intro characters(artic /castle) then change to mini figs. Looks like Da Bears are pranksters, hee hee. John (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: A great cleaning method for lego

(...) They (can) look much like a traditional feather duster, only the "feathers" are very fine plastic filaments. For some reason they seem to come in bright colors (mine are bright green). I got a three pack at Target for around $9, I think. I'd (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.storage, lugnet.build, lugnet.general)

  Re: New sets, pictures at lego.com

(...) Yup I'll be buying lots of these I suspect. It also has a blue bucket like the peasant's back pack. I especially like the three 1x6x2 arched railings. I've been wanting these in white, and up until this set, the only place I've seen them in (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.belville)

  Re: Three arm piece for makeing tri-star

"Mark Tarrabain" <markt@lynx.bc.ca> wrote in message news:386BAA61.D9FEB6...x.bc.ca... (...) element -- (...) From the early 80s until last year many Technic elements were available with microtoothing. Examples are the half-bushing and toggle joint (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Future Wild West Possibilities

In lugnet.western, John Rudy and others write: (...) Maybe one night when my insomnia's acting up! 8^) The U.S. is a culture which, idiotic though it be, recently castigated a public figure for using "niggardly" in a speech! Does anyone seriously (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.western)

  Re: Three arm piece for makeing tri-star

(...) Okay... possibly a dumb question - what exactly is meant by "micro-toothing"? (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: How does Lego sort Lego?

(...) More accurately, several 'small' miracles... Moulding machines drop pieces into storage containers. When the time comes to use a piece in a polybag, the storage container is dumped into a 'feeder' machine on a packing line. On to step 2: (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: How does Lego sort Lego?

(...) Brian, There have been a few descriptions of how the bags are filled, some sort of machine with multiple circular conveyor belts that deliver the parts up to a mixing point (IIRC). The bags are then weight checked to look for errors. The new (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Instruction Query (oddity)

On Wed, 29 Dec 1999 23:45:54 GMT, Shiri uttered the following profundities... (...) Not a criticism! Just created an amusing image, of steaks in the sub, which the occupants nearly became! Mistake. Yet another of English's multiple methods of (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.belville)

  Re: New Model: The Devil's Gap

(...) Go to Glen Tannenbaum's page at: (URL) look for the roof bricks pack. It's a good deal. (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Calling for Box Status and New Rule to vote on

(...) I agree. Your proposed rule doesn't address the problem, though, which I see as this: We did things first come first served. That's usually fair. But in this case, what it resulted in was the following: Person A discovered this thing. Person A (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.jambalaya, lugnet.general)

  Re: 8002 Destroyer Droid Errata

On Thu, 30 Dec 1999 00:37:25 GMT, Tony Priestman uttered the following profundities... (...) Fortune favours the foolish.....or the brave, depending on which episode or film of Star Trek you watch... (...) I would be much obliged if you would! (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.build, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.starwars)

  Train Sensors

Hi. Does anyone still have the text portion (I have the jpegs) of the note on touch sensors for trains? (I accidentally deleted the text.) Barbara Nostrand +---...---+ | Barbara Nostrand, Ph.D. | | Contact via Email: mailto:nostrand@acm.org | | (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: www.lugnet.com on boxes

(...) Wow, wouldn't that be something! :) But IMO at this point that's a bit much to ask for, especially where official support comes in. A lot more "schmoozing" and probably more partnering on a per-project basis would hafta take place so that (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  How does Lego sort Lego?

When the bricks are first made, they're dropped into large buckets. Then a miracle occurs. Then pieces are very acuratly sorted into polybags. How are the bricks sorted? It would almost have to be automated. If that's the case, could that process be (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: New Model: The Devil's Gap

(...) I really like it. I just wish I had collected castle stuff in my childhood. I have plenty of Gray and slopes for roofs but I have a dreadful shortage of arches. Well hopefully between the new Castle sets and LEGO Direct bulk orders I will be (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Future Wild West Possibilities

(...) Don't forget to anger the south, the slaves there were posetions. (SP?) Slavery and the ultimate freeing of the slaves were just minor downfalls of the south. I encourage anyone who doesn't support the lego/Civil war issue because of racial (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.western)

  Re: Future Wild West Possibilities

(...) Civil (...) Great points! Besides the fact that during the pirate era was most of the slave trading and lego avoided that just as they could with the Civil War sets. David (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.western)

  Re: Lego vs. Pokemon

(...) Huh. Never seen or heard of these. Oh, well, guess I was mistaken. Maybe it is just the area I live in. I did see a picture of either a Hello Kitty Phone Card vending machine or a Hello Kitty Phone Card advertisement; the picture wasn't good (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.promo)

  Re: Future Wild West Possibilities

As far as the *need* for slaves in a American Civil War theme, I don't see where there is a need for any. Many historians will tell you that the slavery issue was a very minor point in the entire affair and was only brought up by Lincoln as a reason (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.western)

  Re: Longest MOC

(...) Well, mine's 180-200 studs long, but only 8 studs wide. It's supposed to be a flying battleship. (flying boat) You have to imagine how stupid it looks. Me Alex @ (URL) or - Alex "Spambayala is on sale now at Spam R' Us along with long giant (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Future Wild West Possibilities

(...) Then why not release them U.S. exclusive at least, I know it would be a big seller in the U.S. (see (URL) ) (...) What were the imperial's in the pirate line? (...) And the Islanders? -John Rudy (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.western)

  Re: Future Wild West Possibilities

(...) Do you think that people overseas would buy US Civil War Sets? I think they would sell really well in the states. I would love to see Zulu war Sets too.. David (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.western)

  Re: Calling for Box Status and New Rule to vote on

(...) <working from memory, because what scanty notes I have on this are at home> I sent Mookie an updated list of Canada Tour participants last night, also. (...) Yes. Sean McInnis has it now, and it will go to Oliver Gesien (sp?) before resuming (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.jambalaya, lugnet.general)

  Musings on new bevel gears

Bevel gears used to only come in one size - well technically there was the "old" bevel with 14 teeth and the "new" bevel with 12 teeth, but I always considered these two varieties not to be inter-operable. The rest of this discusion will ignore the (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: New Model: The Devil's Gap

(...) Really cool work! Where does one acquire the needed low red slopes and low red corner slopes? What sets do these come in? Very high marks, Pawel!!! -- Richard (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Hey!

In lugnet.space, I write: (...) What are they for?!! Alex Me (URL) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.space)

  Hey!

I just browsed into lugnet.space and saw all the new space group thingies! Thanks Todd! Alex Me (URL) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.space)

  Re: **** MLCAD V1.7 IS AVAILABLE NOW ****

(...) I'll have to find something to model now to test how much I really like it :) Some little nit-picks: 1) You have to highlight the part line for the arrow and Home/End hotkeys to work, even though using the mouse or the menu buttons don't (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Arctic commercial seen

I hope nobody has posted this before me, but... On Dec. 28th I was watching Cartoon Network and at about 7:45 a commercial came on for the new Lego Arctic sets. It started with two polar bears on a little snowboard thingy and a guy in a green arctic (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: how does a bar code reader work?

(...) It's 2D, not 3D. It is pretty cool looking but more susceptible to damage than the 1D codes because the 1D codes are wide in the second dimension for redundancy. /Eric McCarthy/ (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Brad Justus' Comments - Why Complain?

(...) trying (...) Yes, I see. (...) True, true. But for the most part a lot of us in cad were just too ticked off at him to see that. Besides, it gave me some practice :) Anyways, he's improved greatly since the whole CFV thing that almost had him (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: train event still going on....

Ben, It looks like you are having fun. How did you five get together? Have you been friends for a long time? Enjoy your train event! Chris (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Pinball Challenge? (was: Re: How old are you?)

(...) This is a very interesting point. Since I got RIS I've been trying to devise a robot that could play my pinball machine (The Addams Family) but I don't think that three sensors is enough (the layout has four flippers). Has anyone successfully (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Lego vs. Pokemon

Jasper Janssen skrev i meddelandet <38ae76f6.619576759@...et.com>... (...) Of course, you have to play it on Gameboy if you want it to be fun. (...) Sweden, (...) 270? Well, perhaps that´s not so bad at all, if you can still trade pokemon. That´s (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.promo)

  Re: Three arm piece for makeing tri-star

(...) [crossposting to .robotics & .technic] It's interesting to note that there are now two versions of this element -- one being the old kind with the micro-toothing, and one being a new kind without any micro-toothing. Here are the sets I know of (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: First Y2K LegoFest

Apro apro aproposito mi sovviene che il 16 di Gennaio c'e' la prima festa italiana del volo indoor a Lodi e lo ricordo a tutti gli eventuali interessati o aspiranti tali. L'ingresso e' libero (portatevi la paletta per le mosche per abbattere i (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.it)

  Re: New Model: The Devil's Gap

(...) I'm (...) Yes Yes!!! Stick with the boiling oil! Brilliant work! Kevin (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: So.. are we doing it?

Hey all, it's Thursday! Are we going to get together? I'll be in town until Sunday... Cheers, - jsproat (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.us.tx.dfw)

  Re: The Gate of the Present Circular Loan? (Not EXACTLY a Jambalaya)

Jeremy, I would love to get some of this LEGO graph paper. I have used ordinary graph paper for making a dome and boat hull - but I think my designs would be easier to build using the LEGO graph paper which I believe sections each brick cell into (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.jambalaya)

  Double Typo - coincedence? I think not...

I just noticed something. In the S@H catalog, the last sentence of the description on 6091 reads: "Includes four knights, the king and a beautiful princes." I'm guessing they meant a beautiful princess (our beloved storm) and not a band of unknown (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Na, Schaffners - schöne Weihnachten gehabt?

Hallo Ben, (...) SCHAFFNER? Träumtest Du nicht immer davon, LOKOMOTIVFÜHRER zu werden? Also, wenn ich die Website von Euch ansehe, frage ich mich schon, ob Du nicht zu Höherem bestimmt bist, als zum Fahrkartenknipsen... (...) Kein Lego bekommen? (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.de)

  RCX as TV remote?

Hi, all. I just got an RIS for Christmas, and I've been happily alternating between hacking on it and lurking here and at the various Lego sites on the web. Yippee, legos! Ahem. I've been interested in the possibilities of using my Palm IIIe as a (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics.palm)

  Re: Three arm piece for makeing tri-star

Ok, so THAT'S the piece! I thought from the pictures, that it was a larger thing entirely - guess he just added length to the arms. Thanks. Now .. anyone have a suggestion as to the service pack or which kit it came in?? By the way, I spoke TOOO OOO (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Toys R Us Experience

Well, (...) I know that at my store, I don't know about others, if we don't listen to management or do what they want, we're gone. Plain and simple. Doing that would eliminate the chance of other people having the same experience with that same (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Calling for Box Status and New Rule to vote on

Ok Larry, (or anyone else) what do you think we should change?? I'm up for changes in it.. I just want something that will keep these boxes moving and not to all the same people, We've got people on the lists that have never received a box yet... (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.jambalaya, lugnet.general)

  Re: 8002 Destroyer Droid Errata

(...) Somebody always does but its not a problem with TLG as long as its scans of parts of instructions. (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.build, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: how does a bar code reader work?

(...) track (...) Simple...it takes time :) I have @500 straights, and probably 200 curves, plus 16 points of 9v, plus some 4.5V stuff on my current layout. A lot of the track is in the ramp up, with about 225 pieces between the ground and the 2nd (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Toys R Us Experience

Joel, (...) Well, I am sure if you ask around LUGNET, at home, or here at AEI, I am rarely calm. But I was extremely calm last night when this happened. Maybe an "Evil" calm... :) (...) Well, this is one instance, but I have had other experiences. (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Dan Strikes Again...

(...) Nice, I can only hope to finish mine some time. I am still trying to find 8 more large red spoke or 12 stud wheels. The wheel articulation for the front drivers gave me a little trouble, but I think I can get it working. The large wheels (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Do you like monorails?

(...) They are called People Movers actually. Systems are in service, AFAIK, in Dallas, Miami, and Sydney. They usually are for small inner-city routes (i.e. the Miami route goes all through downtown and connects with the subway, which only crosses (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Toys R Us Experience

Whoa, there, calm down, boy. I work at a ToysRUs in Central Ohio, and I can assure you that that cashier was one in a million. All of the cashiers we hire are trained to be as nice as possible, especially during the holiday season. I'm glad you (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Does anyone have a list of every castle set ever made?

(...) sets". (...) Jonathan, try here: (URL) accessible by clicking "Pause Guide" on the LUGnet main page under Reference, then on "Set Lists".) They are lists generated from the LUGnet main database. I suggest grabbing the list by theme (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Gate of the Present Circular Loan? (Not EXACTLY a Jambalaya)

(...) Cool cool cool... I also have a copy of this book (in French - mine came from Nico also - thanks Nico for all the great extras included with my Shell sets). If the list of people who want to see this is large enough, I'd be happy to circulate (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.jambalaya)

  Re: Calling for Box Status and New Rule to vote on

(...) Hear Hear. A comment on the rule, I think the idea's in the right direction but it may need a bit of polishing/wordsmithing. Todd and I have special standing in that it was his parts and idea, and my work, that started many of these boxes off, (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.jambalaya, lugnet.general)

  Toys R Us Experience

To all, I went to TRU last night on a rare night off to get some LEGO. I went there, the store is finally calming down, it looked decent (Well, they moved to a new store, but it is still TRU) and went to the LEGO aisle. They restocked it to some (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Calling for Box Status and New Rule to vote on

(...) I have sent this one along to Canada quite some time ago. (...) I believe John still has this one. At one point he said he would ship it to me but it hasn't arrived. (...) Sounds like a good idea (though there may occaisionally be good reasons (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.jambalaya, lugnet.general)

  Re: Future Wild West Possibilities

(...) I see your point - I know that in Israel nobody learns about the U.S. civil war in schools, especially not in elementary (the age to which LEGO is directed- 5 to 12) and I think not in High or Jr. High schools either. I definitely didn't (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.western)

  Re: Red tug boat question

(...) I think I saw an auction for a different tug last night on eBay, no it was a 311 ferry. I think the hulls might be compatible. I do see these hulls every once in a while on eBay. (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.boats, lugnet.general)

  Re: how does a bar code reader work?

(...) track (...) Well, I have for the time being a lot of 12V track, with automatic points and stop signals. I am not going to buy 9V points before they are automatic. I hope that TLG gets into train-mindstorms (computer controlled track e.g. (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains)

  Re: detecting goal objects at a distance

(...) it (...) a (...) systematically) (...) darkened (...) barely (...) target in (...) on (...) make (...) This is a thing I'm interested in too. Those of you who were at the mindfest might remember the soccer playing robots. The bots were really (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Future Wild West Possibilities

(...) Regardless of what the Civil War *was* about, a lot of the current study and, more importantly, social relevance *is* about slavery. If Lego were making Civil War sets 135 years ago, maybe they wouldn't need to represent slavery. But now, to (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.western)

  Re: Catalogue

Interesting Same story for the 8480 Space Shuttle from the website one, i got a Japanses catalogue. I wonder that the Enterainer brought these from Japan at cheap prices or a mixup by Lego? -- Michael Please reply on medwards@ukonline.co.uk Home of (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Are the Accessory Bricks Going to be canceled? to Brad, or lego rep

(...) Actually there is a small picture right next to the base plates that states "Limited Quantities, Order Now". :( Elliot Hyde (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Future Wild West Possibilities

(...) neutrality. (...) Thinking from a marketing stand-point, The school history teachers (2-4th grades), not to mention college professors would grab this stuff right off the shelves, not to mention AFOL's and adult and KABOB history buffs. -John (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.western)

  Re: Future Wild West Possibilities

(...) Who's to say they would need slaves? The Civil War was more than slavery, the could just concentrate on the battles and not the causes. (soap box mode et drifting off topic) The war was fought over the opression of the North on the South, (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.western)

  RE: how does a bar code reader work?

(...) Hmmm, this might be another practical pbForth application. I don't have time right now... <snipped excellent barcode type description> (...) I'm not sure about the clock thing. Any single sensor is sampled at about 333 Hz. If you write some (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Castle Sucks (so far...)

(...) I just wanted to say that I agree that the new castle line may be a lot more juniorized, and I think that those juniorized parts seem to make it more expensive. One of the things I have always looked for in my LEGO purchases (since I was a (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: eudora thread bug

GREAT write up! crossposted this reply to .faq because it's that good. (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.faq)

  Re: First Y2K LegoFest

(...) OK, verso marzo ne faremo uno, ma secondo me ce ne sta uno anche in gennaio! Direi che un raduno ogni due mesi non è troppo. Poi non è detto che si debba partecipare a tutti, anche se io personalmente conto di esserci sempre :-) Ciao Mario (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.it)

  Re: New Model: The Devil's Gap

(...) Thanks Rick I hope this will begin to answer your question (kinda long acutally - scroll to the bottom if you want to see the sets that I think should inspire most castle creators): Working on my storyline, I knew that I wanted to make (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  GB 1

I screwed this one up a bit in the beginning. I got GB2 first, and sent it along to John K. When I got GB1, I knew John K. was on the list as well, and thought he was next, so I mistakenly sent GB1 to John K. as well. GB1 skipped Paul F. and (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.jambalaya, lugnet.general)

  Re: Dan Strikes Again...

(...) night you brought him over to GMLTC? As for the caboose, though, try using a flat roof with roofwalks the way I did. Much more prototypical looking. (...) right way and the big box lantern headlight is spot on! I like the passenger car (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Calling for Box Status and New Rule to vote on

(...) I have not heard, seen or speculated as to where this box is. Sorry but I have just about given up on ever seeing it. (...) Seconded, I like the rule. (...) Given up? Yes at the moment although I would still love for this to work so I hope (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.jambalaya, lugnet.general)

  Re: Few Comments on 7124 Flash Speeder

(...) How about starting small and building a STAP for the 'droid to ride? Chris (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  GB 3 & Mini 1

GB 3 & Mini 1 Both of these boxes were sent by me to Mike U. I had them both at the same time, so I sent them in one box (since they happened to be going to the same person)for him to break back up when they move on. Don't worry, all the minifig (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.jambalaya, lugnet.general)

  Re: differences between 9719 and 9747?

Hi, Note that if you get the RIS 1.0 -> RIS 1.5 upgrade (costs $25.00, but free if you bought your RIS 1.0 after August), it includes the 60 missing pieces, additional CD, manuals, and test pads. Plus the RIS 1.0 has the AC adapter while the RIS 1.5 (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Destroyer Droid in new S@H catalog

(...) Call the 1-800 number shown here: (URL) give them your name & address and ask for the latest catalog. :) --Todd (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: how does a bar code reader work?

(...) I just realized that I answered your barcode question without considering what you were trying to do! For your application you can use (or invent!) any barcode system you like. In fact, something simple like POSTNET (used in the US to add a (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains)

  Calling for Box Status and New Rule to vote on

I need to know where the boxes are. These people please let me know the status of the boxes you've either had last, or should have received. GB 1 Eric Brouwer, Paul Foster, Patricia Schemp GB 2 Patricia Schemp, Dave Jost, John DiRienzo Tech 1 I (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.jambalaya, lugnet.general)

  Re: A great cleaning method for lego

(...) Try an IKEA store if you have one near you... great store! I think they have these plastic static dusters for like 1.99 or so... (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.storage, lugnet.build, lugnet.general)

  Re: The Gate of the Present Circular Loan? (Not EXACTLY a Jambalaya)

Jeremy Rear wrote: <snip> Thanks for the fascinating background. (...) Well, I had no idea there WAS an english version! Cool! Better yet than translations, could you be persuaded to circular loan your copy instead of us sending around the French (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.jambalaya)

  Re: Robolab or RCX code for remote programming ?

(...) RoboLab 2.0 (Investigator version) has this capability. You can program from one location to control a robot at another. The RCX on the other side needs to be within sight of the IR tower of course. (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Just a question.

(...) On Tuesday, at the TRU at Cumberland (just inside I-285), I picked up an A-Wing, a couple of Gungan Patrols, a couple of Flash Speeders, and a Battle Droid! (Mwuhahahahahahaha!) At that time, they still had several extra of each of these. For (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.loc.us.ga.atl)

  Re: Bill's Monorail Auction Update

Newbies: There are some awesome deals in the referenced post and you can buy from Bill Katz with confidence, he's been around for ages and has done a LOT of biz. Not always the speediest (like *I* am! This is a hobby, after all) but ultrareliable (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  RE: best tape to mark a line on the floor to follow?

If you're worried about removing the Electrical tape, why don't you put down a strip of masking tape, then put the electrical tape over the top of it. Personally, I've never had any problems removing electrical tape from things. I seem to use it as (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: New Model: The Devil's Gap

(...) I put together a crude picture: (URL) - you will have to copy and paste it. Just clicking on it won't work. (I think ... ) What it uses is 3 pieces that the gate slides on (2x2x5 or 2x2x4... not really sure), two 1x2 bricks with a hole in the (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: how does a bar code reader work?

(...) Well I don't have the code pilot but at my previous job I worked on Warehouse Control systems that were Bar Code intensive. As I am sure you know a bar code is just a simple representation of letters and/or numbers that are readable by a (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Slim Pickings at Target

(...) My best recollection is several weeks. I think they were wrangling the price twice a week or so. The current round (mentioned in .shopping yesterday) should be most interesting. They have little freed-up shelf space from xmas. There were two (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: how does a bar code reader work?

This is going to be tricky without real arrays. LegOS may be the only option. You'll be looking for a start symbol (maybe just one framing bit, sometimes a legal character in the barcode set and sometimes just a pattern). Once you identify it you (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Are they blind???

(...) I'm glad my family gave in long ago. I think I've gotten Lego for Birthday and Christmas every year since I was four or five. Actually I usually get a lot of it, too. And finally, my family has realized my Anime addiction! Yaay! I got a (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re:foam balls

All the craft stores around here (upstate NY) sell all sorts of sizes of foam balls in at least two different kinds of foam for a few cents apiece. JB (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: The Invasion of Strombrachter Page

(...) Don't forget the keyword: "Bulk". You probably won't be able to call up Lego Direct and say, "Help! I need two black 1x2 tiles to finish my model!" Personally, I think small lots will stay popular, but large ones would have to be split (unless (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Lego vs. Pokemon

(...) the (...) Hello Kitty's popularity in the US is also denoted by: Entire stores dedicated to selling the Sanrio franchise, similar (but not quite as large, robust, or as numerous as the Disney and Warner Brother stores). -- jthompson@esker.com (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.promo)

  Re: Questions About 4811 Defense Archer

(...) I think it'll be a polybag set anyway, so I'd just ignore the box. (...) Other than the Portuguese "Guarded Treasury" on the Royal Joust? ;) Jeff (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: New Model: The Devil's Gap

(...) This is really cool!! I was think of using that kind of baseplate (from 6091) to make a gatehouse for my castle, but it looks like you beat me to it! ;) (...) Well, I have a few suggestions, so I'll get to 'em. ~ Third row down (under (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Post-Xmas sales????

Paul Sinasohn <bearitone@my-deja.com> wrote in message news:FnIyLD.A7F@lugnet.com... (...) It's normally closed October-March. but this year it was open over Christmas with a special events (pantos, Santa's toy workshop, illuminations in Miniland (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Red tug boat question

"RK" == Rachel Kingston <Kingston@spirit.com.au> writes: RK> My three yr old got to a small tug(?) boat of his fathers this RK> week, and broke a small piece off the bow. He was so sad about it, RK> (father and son actually) that I thought I'd do a (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.boats, lugnet.general)

  Re: Anyone get Lego for XMAS?

Ian Bishop <ian@goodlife.demon.co.uk> wrote in message news:VHiw9hAUW1a4Ewb...n.co.uk... (...) types (...) There's a blue/white AZ one and a red/black AZ one. I think there may have been other, less elaborate, ones too. Huw (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: 2000 Set Observations

Mark Herzberg <carorvan@aol.com> wrote in message news:FnIu6v.H1C@lugnet.com... (...) (nothing (...) Here it is GBP40, so its about the same. Huw (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

Skipped 31 messages in groups lugnet.admin.database, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.off-topic.test (Skip-filter settings)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact