 Dear LEGO / 1167
Re: Brad Justus' Comments - Why Complain?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Thu, 30 Dec 1999 17:50:06 GMT

In lugnet.dear-lego, Jasper Janssen writes:
On Wed, 29 Dec 1999 16:07:18 GMT, "Tim Courtney" <tim@zacktron.com>
wrote:

I honestly don't think his comment there deserved the harsh reply.  Not • trying
to jump on you, but I just see [his comment] as simple sarcasm used in the
context of a flame message alone.  I would assume that people here at Lugnet
would know we don't treat the hobby as 'just for kids.'

It probably was sarcasm, but I still see it as highly inappropriate.

Like using your cellular during church service at the Notre Dame de
Paris or at the St Peter of Rome.

Yes, I see.

BTW - I wish I had joined this thread earlier...but its been a while since
I've donned the flame suit (in cad.*) and slung a classic one (fried JW
anyone?) :)  IMO the thread originator was being a classic example of a bad
egg.

I agree. But why bother flaming the clueless ones? They don't
understand you even if you do..

True, true.  But for the most part a lot of us in cad were just too ticked off
at him to see that.  Besides, it gave me some practice :)  Anyways, he's
improved greatly since the whole CFV thing that almost had him done for.
Supposively he's going to help write a CGI for ldraw.org, but I haven't heard
back from him in a few weeks on that.

-Tim