 Trains / 3400
Re: Dan Strikes Again...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 30 Dec 1999 15:05:54 GMT

Dan wrote:

Hello Everyone!

        I just developed another roll of film and have more pics of new train
creations to share.

        For the finished Union Pacific Big Boy and 50's era freight cars...

http://www.visi.com/~blackened/gallery/train2/Big_Boy.html

Nice work. Did Big Boy get further revisions from where he was at the
night you brought him over to GMLTC?

As for the caboose, though, try using a flat roof with roofwalks the way
I did. Much more prototypical looking.

        For a redesign of my Wild West Locomotive and passanger car...

http://www.visi.com/~blackened/gallery/train2/ww.html

After the redesign: MUCH better loco! The boiler/smokebox tapers the
right way and the big box lantern headlight is spot on!

I like the passenger car roofline, that's an interesting way to get the
clerestory roof look. But it may be a bit top heavy in appearance, you
may want to see if there's a way to get a row of bricks out somewhere
without making the doorway arch effect unachievable.

tanks for the pics! You better watch out or you're going to get the
(Casey) Jones for trains as bad as the rest of us.