 Trains / 3409
Re: Dan Strikes Again...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 31 Dec 1999 01:33:30 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Daniel Siskind writes:
Hello Everyone!

I just developed another roll of film and have more pics of new train
creations to share.

For the finished Union Pacific Big Boy and 50's era freight cars...

http://www.visi.com/~blackened/gallery/train2/Big_Boy.html

For a redesign of my Wild West Locomotive and passanger car...

http://www.visi.com/~blackened/gallery/train2/ww.html

Take care!

Dan

Wow!  Great job on the Big Boy.  The improvements look great.  You have got
to post some more photos showing better closeups of this great new design.
Have you switched the two smaller leading truck wheels with  standard size
train wheels?  It's hard to tell from just that one photo.  Also I love the
"tank car".  Can you post some more photos of the tank?  I have been
thinking about building a tank myself but don't know what type of treads to use.
     The western steam engine looks great as well.  I noticed you mentioned
using some piece from a starwars set for the piston rod.  It looks like the
small laser cannon from set 7134 (a-wing) but I thought that set wasn't out
yet.  I agree with Larry in that the pullman coach looks a little top heavy.
I look forward to seeing more of your posts on the web.  You're beginning to
be one of my favorite train builders! :^)

Happy Building!

John Warren