 Robotics / 9529
Re: Three arm piece for makeing tri-star
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 30 Dec 1999 16:54:13 GMT

Ok, so THAT'S the piece! I thought from the pictures, that it was a larger
thing entirely - guess he just added length to the arms. Thanks.  Now ..
anyone have a suggestion as to the service pack or which kit it came in??
By the way, I spoke TOOO OOO soon, the legOS demo compile has finally
thrown one last barf in my direction and even though I am closer, I am not
there yet... bashing defensless bits again....  :)   C U all next year... I
am unplugging till the 2nd  :)   ( lest any valuable bits escape!@#@%$  )
z.out

"AS" == Al & Becky Szymanski <lego-robotics@crynwr.com> writes:

AS> having visited the site mentioned in the O'Reilly book and also
AS> gone through all ( that I can find ) of the tecnica registry and
AS> Dacta pieces, I cannot find the obvious lego piece that is the
AS> base for making the tri-star wheel arrangement. If someone would
AS> post the kit that these are in or the actual part number ( or
AS> service pack ) I surely would appreciate it. - By the way, last
AS> night finally got my linux box to correctly generate legOS code -
AS> going to 'ship' it this evening . needless to say, I am excited (
AS> boy - what a learning curve! )

The part you are looking for is listed on
http://w3.one.net/~hughesj/technica/registry/r_plate.html and is
called (there) rotor, 3-pronged. It's kinda hard to tell from Doug's
pictures, but I believe that that's what he used.

Good luck!

Johannes.
--
To define recursion, we must first define recursion.

Bibliovorous chocophiliac.