 Robotics / 9528
Re: how does a bar code reader work?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 30 Dec 1999 16:37:51 GMT

Also, where do you get LEGO 9v track and switches at prices which don't send
you to the poorhouse?  I'd love to have a large LEGO train layout but the • track
is prohibitively expensive...

Simple...it takes time :)  I have @500 straights, and probably 200 curves, plus
16 points of 9v, plus some 4.5V stuff on my current layout.  A lot of the track
is in the ramp up, with about 225 pieces between the ground and the 2nd bridge.
I'd guess 275 pieces on the ramp total...long ramp up.
It's taken me 3 years to get all my 9V track, and I don't have all the 9V
trains. (I have:4533,4537,4541,4553,4555,4556,4557,4558,4559,4561,
4565,2526,classic train)

I have a good job, a wife, and no kids...so it takes $ to get lots of train
stuff.  I still want a 4551, and 4563/4.  I have a 4549 on the way soon...thats
one of the sets that I have wanted for a while.  I'm not all that partial to
4547 (the club car) because, like all the lego trains, it is not really a
coridor stock car...it wouldn't work for what I want to do with my long
distance train.

James Powell