 Robotics / 9532
Re: how does a bar code reader work?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 30 Dec 1999 17:50:53 GMT

We all know the common UPC symbol because it is on almost anything we buy now.
There are lot's of other types of barcode symbolizations out there including a
3D barcode that you have probably seen on UPS packages that looks kind of like
a bullseye with dots radiating out from the center.

It's 2D, not 3D.  It is pretty cool looking but more susceptible to
damage
than the 1D codes because the 1D codes are wide in the second dimension
for redundancy.

/Eric McCarthy/