 Marketplace / Jambalaya / 891
Re: The Gate of the Present Circular Loan? (Not EXACTLY a Jambalaya)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.jambalaya
Date:
Thu, 30 Dec 1999 16:14:34 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

Jeremy Rear wrote:
<snip>

Thanks for the fascinating background.

I have the English version - Need direct translations?  I have them.

Well, I had no idea there WAS an english version! Cool!

Better yet than translations, could you be persuaded to circular loan
your copy instead of us sending around the French version? That's a loan
I'd love to be in on too!

Thanks for your interest on this competition (good luck to you as well in
finding such a rare publication)!

Thanks for speaking up before we spun some elaborate thing up... please
consider loaning yours if you would... If not, perhaps some photocopies
of key pages could be sent to Eric before he sends it on? I'd pay for
copying costs.

Is this book commercially available any more? If it is, then forget the
copying idea (and forget the scanning idea that Bram proposed too) as
you all know my viewpoint on honoring IP...

Cool cool cool...

I also have a copy of this book (in French - mine came from Nico also -
thanks Nico for all the great extras included with my Shell sets). If
the list of people who want to see this is large enough, I'd be happy to
circulate my copy also.

If the English copy circulates, of course I'd love to see that. I've
gotten a ever so tiny bit out of the French from my year or so of French
in Junior High, and the fact that English includes some French words,
but not enough to really understand anything more than that there are
some awsome creations in this book, and some amazing collections of
special pieces (most of the Legoland type models are made from plain
bricks - though sometimes in colors you can't get, so you in theory
could duplicate many of them, not so with the creations in this book,
some of the pieces you would never be able to get enough of).

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com