 Marketplace / Jambalaya / 915
Re: The Gate of the Present Circular Loan? (Not EXACTLY a Jambalaya)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.jambalaya
Date:
Mon, 3 Jan 2000 17:37:03 GMT

Hi,

I could possibly translate it, but it would take time, but also see that an
english version should be advailable.

I also saw an exposition in Quebec city where those model build, took some
picture of the best of them but I wasn't very impress by all of them. Maybe I
could find some one for scanning the picture and post them on my new Lugnet
account.

Martin
In lugnet.market.jambalaya, James Brown writes:
In lugnet.market.jambalaya, Larry Pieniazek writes:
I was graciously given a book, "The Gate of the Present" by Nico H. of
Holland.
It's in French, but documents a design competition of some sort in which a
number of artists or architects were given a lot of bricks and asked to make
something that to them, represented a gate. • <snip>
Strong preference to being next would be given to someone who knows enough
French to do a bit of translation of what they feel are key passages, and
could insert some notes (on separate pieces of paper, please) into the book
for the elucidation of those who follow..

So, any interest?

I would be interested in it.  My French is sketchy, but sufficient to do
translations to English - assuming the subject matter doesn't get stunningly
esoteric.  There are others out there much more qualified, though.  (Martin
LeGault comes to mind - assuming he'd be interested)

James
http://www.shades-of-night.com/lego/