 Marketplace / Jambalaya / 874
873  |  875
Subject:
The Gate of the Present Circular Loan? (Not EXACTLY a Jambalaya)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.jambalaya
Date:
Thu, 30 Dec 1999 00:31:10 GMT

I was graciously given a book, "The Gate of the Present" by Nico H. of Holland.
It's in French, but documents a design competition of some sort in which a
number of artists or architects were given a lot of bricks and asked to make
something that to them, represented a gate.

I have loaned this book to Eric "Bendyarm" McCarthy, a stalwart hobbyist, who
is planning to return it to me. Rather than doing that, is there anyone who
would be interested in seeing this book as well?

I'm thinking if there is interest that we would treat this somewhat like a
Jambalaya... Each borrower is obligated to send it on at their own expense to
someone else on the list who hasn't yet seen it.

Since this is my book and I want it back at the end, the rules will be a little
different from usual. Post your desire as a direct response to this post (not
to some other post please...) and I will decide if you're on the list or not.
People who haven't demonstrated that they have forwarded on at least one
Jambalaya box probably won't be on it, at least for now, as I DO WANT THIS BOOK
BACK!

Strong preference to being next would be given to someone who knows enough
French to do a bit of translation of what they feel are key passages, and could
insert some notes (on separate pieces of paper, please) into the book for the
elucidation of those who follow..

So, any interest?

Hopefully readers agree this is close enough to a Jambalaya to belong here but
if there is strong sentiment that it doesn't, suggest away.

++Lar