 Marketplace / Jambalaya / 882
RE: The Gate of the Present Circular Loan? (Not EXACTLY a Jambalaya)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.jambalaya
Date:
Thu, 30 Dec 1999 03:42:20 GMT

Jeremy Rear writes:

I was on the design team that provided the Gate design which starts on 122
through 125 (English version).  LEGO® sent us a HUGE box of almost every
element you could imagine, and design standards (parameters) with LEGO®
engineering tools (i.e.- LEGO® graph paper etc.).  We then
designed the gate
submittal (, and sent it off for the LEGO® master builder to
replicate with
the actual bricks.

It's on the same pages in the French version. I couldn't find an English
one and know just enough French to get the basic gist of the text while
probably missing the most interesting details. I'd love to see whatever
translation ends up travelling with the book, though I obviously don't
need to receive the book itself.

Also, for those that don't know, pictures of a few of the Gate designs
(though not the one Jeremy worked on) appear in The Ultimate LEGO Book
released earlier this year by DK Publishing. It's well worth picking up,
IMO.

Doug