  *70163 (-100)
  LEGO RCX Skydivers

The following post prompted me to resurrect an idea I dreamed up a some time ago... (...) I have had an idea for quite some time, but one significant problem... Wouldn't it be very cool to design and build LEGO Mindstorms Skydivers! These skydivers (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: something nelug could do

(...) Perhaps it would be worthwhile to ask the art dept in CT about helping with a future S@H cover. I'm thinking: lending models for their photographing or some .dat art made to order... Usually art directors are open to people who are willing to (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos, lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos, lugnet.loc.us.ct, lugnet.loc.us.vt, lugnet.loc.us.nh, lugnet.loc.us.me, lugnet.org.us)

  Re: Help The Homeless In Legoville!

Moving the topic over to general.... The other day I was in a store and came across a small number of 6595 Surf Shack. My first impression was: Is this paradisa without the pink ? It sure looks that way. Based on copyright dates (6595 = 1993), it (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: New Star Wars Lego site

Good Stuff! I like the intro animation. We can never have enough Star Wars Lego Sites! Pat J (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Really cheap Star Wars minifigs

There is a pack of 6 Luke (Pilot) figures going for $1.00! And a bunch of others. Just do search on 'minifig' on the intro page. Less then 24 hrs! Pat J (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Updating the Web based compilers?

Would it be possible for any of the very kind people who maintain the LegOS Web Based Compilers be able to update their compilers to the latest 0.2.1 version of LegOS? Dying to try out the new programming features... Dave Chen (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  400 pce tub under$6

Hi, Home hardware, not very well represented in the cities, has a Lego xmas special on the blue 400 piece tub, just under $6 each. I have bought out my local store, but they are getting more in next week, it may be worth a drive to your nearest home (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.ca.ab)

  Re: New Star Wars Lego site

Tim, I used to use bravenet for my scripts on personal pages and such but I wasn't satisfied. Sure you can manipulate the pages the scripts are on but their graphics look very ugly on your page because I think it's very good. I suggest using (URL) (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  BusyTown?

What do you think? If there were a Fabuland again today, would it mean Richard Scary licencing? Would that be as cool as the original?... they're similar in many ways. I've been dreaming of modeling Busytown for years now. I love those buildings. (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.fabuland)

  Re: Allhelgonaerbjudande hos KF

(...) Får väl be morsan köpa ut åt en. Eller nån kompis' morsa... /Tore (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.se)

  Re: I'm sorting by color now!

Sproat wroat: (...) I started out sorting by color, then resorted to form (because the arguments for it sounded so LOGICAL), then found I hated having things sorted that way and went back to by color. I now have enough basic bricks that they have to (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.build)

  Anyone have videos?

Hey, cool group! Good place for me to ask about Fabuland videotapes... I have heard of them, but never seen one. info? -Suz (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.fabuland)

  Re: Lite tjat...

(...) Mig bekommer det inte så mycket, det där med minifig och andra mer eller mindre lyckade lånord. När det gäller data eller annan teknik kan det rentav vara svårt att begripa en försvenskad term man förstår på en gång när man hör den engelska. (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.se)

  Character Arrays

Hi... I'm wondering if there's a way to extract an element from a character array the same way it would be done for an integer array. For example, when I have: char foo[]= {1, 2, 3, 4}; char bar(int i) { return foo[i]; } ... a zero is returned for (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Would the guilty parties stand up?

(...) I actually remember when the picture was taken. I think someone else snapped a picture a second before and I had been looking right into the flash. Mark caught me after that first flash. I think I had my eyes open for most of the rest of (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Pipe Wrench

(...) one. (...) E-mail me a snail mail addy, and I will send you one :) (no charge) James Powell (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: My fleet is bigger'n your fleet!

(...) Well, I'm afraid I'm #101. Arrrr. :( (...) Brig = Brigantine, a semi-standard class of warship (~16 guns). (...) Someone asked: Skull's Eye Schooner and Black Seas Barracuda. My fleet is primarily post-1870; it's three Fluyts (truncated (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: My fleet is bigger'n your fleet!

(...) Educate me, please, what, pray tell, is SES or BSB? You should have seen my pirates before my garage burned down in high school =) -Earle "No more boats" Bishop (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Legofest

"Mario Ferrari" <mario.ferrari@edis.it> wrote in message news:FKo808.Aoo@lugnet.com... (...) Roberto Amato, Giovanni Bedocchi, Paolo Binotti, Enrico Casagrande, Domenico Franco, Mauro Gasparutti, Bruno Grampa, Antonio Ianiero, Fabio Luperto, Davide (...) (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.it)

  Re: Help The Homeless In Legoville!

Laura & All, (Maybe this should be re-directed to another group?) (...) I loved LEGO sets for my town setup. I have had many, and I always loved combining the Space and Town themes, for a future world kind of setting. (...) I did like the Paradisa (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  My fleet is bigger'n your fleet!

Okay, this is *really* just an attempt to get the Pirates board over 100 messages. This has a quantity is better than quality slant that is only true if you are gaming are have a massive amount of display area. The Armada Fleet 1 Treasure Galleon (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Toward LUGNET equality

(...) Hmmm.... There are several .off-topic groups. Most of the stupid threads (sorry, but that's what I think of them as) end up being moved to .off-topic.fun. I never read the Adventurers Movie thread, which I assume this is about, mainly because (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.general)

  Kmart toy coupons

I don't remember seeing this mentioned, so I thought I'd post. Kmart has an booklet of toy coupons in their stores right now, and among them are the following: 10% off Star Wars LEGO $5 off DUPLO Brick Mixer $3 off DUPLO Hippo, Basic Bulk Tub, Play (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  12V train wheels

Hello All, I am happy to say that I recently stumbled across Lugnet and it has spurred me to come out of my LEGO dark age! In the process of unpacking my LEGO collection I've noticed that the rubber traction rings around my 12V train motor wheels (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Charters for product-line/themed groups clarified

All, The written charters for the product-line/themed groups created a couple months ago were too restrictive and over-simplified. Except for lugnet.trains and lugnet.starwars, which were created at the beginning, the themed groups mentioned only (...) (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.admin.general)

  Fabuland group (was: Re: 34 new newsgroups!)

(...) Oh, my!...Fabuland got lost in the shuffle somewhere. OK, there's now a Fabuland group: lugnet.fabuland <==> (URL) can't believe nobody noticed! I *know* there are tons of Fabuland fans out there! :) --Todd (25 years ago, 5-Nov-99, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: FOTW Knight Lords Castle parted out

(...) Setting followups to buy-sell-trade since this is really more of an offer to sell/inquiry than anything else. I'd be interested in the horse blankets and the cauldrons. You'll more than make your money back on this set if you sell a goodly (...) (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  ------( Terms of use for lugnet.com )------

TERMS OF USE FOR LUGNET.COM OVERVIEW AND DEFINITIONS lugnet.com ("LUGNET") is a privately owned Internet site designed and run primarily for the benefit of those who enjoy building with, discussing, collecting, buying & selling, trading, and (...) (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.fabuland)

  ------( Welcome to lugnet.fabuland )------

Welcome to lugnet.fabuland, a LUGNET discussion group. CHARTER/PURPOSE: lugnet.fabuland (group): LEGO Fabuland®: products (information, opinions, reviews, etc.); building (settings, contexts, characters, projects, models, layouts, plans, tools, (...) (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.fabuland)

  Re: The "geography" of local space

(...) I remember a book called _The Dragon's Egg_ by Robert L. Forward. The ALFs in that book are residents of a neutron star -- totally different chemistries from H2O-C. (...) Would that be Jupiter? I've heard theories one way and the other -- some (...) (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Help The Homeless In Legoville!

(...) What I find amusing is that I always thought I *couldn't* relate to dolls and houses and such. But when I look back at the toys I loved most: LEGO and my Star Wars action figures. (I couldn't play with Barbie, I hated Barbie from a young age (...) (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Steve Jackson's Lego Pirate Game (was "Re: KBKIDS 6441 Deep Reef Refuge for $18!")

Ha-HA! Dodge! Turn! Parry! Ha! (...) That sounds wonderful--is SJ still just "fiddling around" or is he finally entertaining the idea of making this thing into a set of standard rules? I really wanted to have a chance at it someday. That's what I (...) (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: I'm sorting by color now!

(...) one (...) Color, for sure. I'm a big fan of the "Walmart Box" (can't beat #pieces/$). I use a separate box for each color of the basic bricks. Each box is sub-divided to 1x1, 2x2 etc using zipper-lock freezer bags. Each box is labeled (...) (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.build)

  Re: Top Ten Toys on A&E

(...) Meccano went broke a long time ago! As for having a reaction...I think they'd drop dead!. I have a 6A book from my dad's stuff, as well as having read a fair number of the meccano magazines over the years. I have up to #3 set, and some (...) (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: ARE YOU READY...

(...) Why does he torture us so? ;-) -John (...) (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: The "geography" of local space

Hey John (and all)- Astronomy is an armchair hobby? Well, I'm a historian (not done with the PhD just yet, but give me just a couple more years) who started out as a palaeontologist and astronomer--so I come at it from a different angle, but I've (...) (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Help The Homeless In Legoville!

Ray Sanders wrote in message (...) I know the Don Cesar very well. Hey maybe they could get a Don Cesar Lego promo set. I do agree that a seaside town can be quaint, however, my point is that not all girls like pink. But then again getting me to (...) (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Legofest

"Giulio Ferrari" <giuliof@iol.it> wrote in message news:38220207.FF2560...@iol.it... (...) e 28 (...) Per me vanno bene 21 e 28. L'algoritmo comincia a convergere...... ;-) "marco berti" <arcmberti@dinet.it> wrote in message (...) (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.it)

  Re: Been to Datsville Lately?

(...) Looking Good. :) Getting bigger, and more realistic. Ryan ps John, did you receive the file and images I sent you?? (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.cad)

  Steve Jackson's Lego Pirate Game (was "Re: KBKIDS 6441 Deep Reef Refuge for $18!")

(...) Yup. He is. :-) This past March, in Biloxi, MS, I attended Coast Con, where Steve was one of the guests. I, in costume, assisted Steve in running his Pirate Game. (As a member of the SCA, as well as being a regular attendee of several sci-fi (...) (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Uploading NQC programs to legomindstorms.com personal pages

Folks, It's now possible to upload NQC programs to personal pages without having to change the file name suffix. We'll soon add new functionality to the search engine so that you can search for all uploaded NQC programs. Enjoy. Russ LEGO MINDSTORMS (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: train track

It might be even the old 4.5v track, forgot to say that too, it never had metal to begin with again tia S. Grinnell wrote in message ... (...) (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Mike's Train and Launch Command Auction Update 16

For those who have finished bidding and are ready to send payment, please email me with your address and preferred class of shipping (I will be using USPS), and I will tell you how much it will be. 1. This is a Once, Twice, Sold auction. 2. To bid (...) (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: train track

(...) well it is 12 volt abd it is not... if u would like to make a 12-v train ride u need the mid-parts too... Its worth what a mad-man would like to pay.... i bid $5 (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: KBKIDS 6441 Deep Reef Refuge for $18!

(...) AucZILLA lot for Steve, but somehow free chondricthyes (cartiliginous fishes, which includes all but Mr. Octopus) seems a bit too generous. Maybe a nominal fee...? ;) (And is he still doing that Pirate game? It sounded like a heck of a lot of (...) (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Castle sets for sale, Promos, more

I have nearly every different Castle Lego set produced for sale on my webpage. I have most used and complete, and some new, never opened. I am open to trade offers, and can accept credit card purchases. International trades/sales are welcome. Use (...) (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  train track

i do not know if this was 9volt or 12volt track, it is just plastic, no metal take a look at it and help me figure its worth (URL) Grinnell (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  FOTW Knight Lords Castle parted out

Hi all, I just came back from a short shopping trip and found a deal of the week. So I am offering some of it to you all if you want. There were about 6 more sets makeing a total of 7. The price $39.99 each set. I was wondering if there are enough (...) (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Top Ten Toys on A&E

Steve Bliss skrev i meddelandet <3821a7fd.181886445@...et.com>... (...) the (...) Meccano isn't really Meccano any longer - the UK company went broke(?), and the product was sold to a *French* company. As far as I've seen, they have gone into making (...) (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  LEGO Research, HELP!

Greetings, I'm attempting to prepare a speech on how LEGO toys are great as far as versatility in play and educational purposes. I'm having difficulties locating substantive resources to back my claims. If anyone can provide info pr just point me in (...) (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Wild West FOTW

(...) Curse you! That's one I need. Feh. ;) (...) The top shelf is a great place. At our Target, I found 9 4128 red freestyle buckets for only $3.18 each (from $20/each). I still haven't had time to part those out! (...) Hey, I've got 35 Frontier (...) (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Theme longevity? (Was: Wild West ?!)

(...) I've posted ideas about this before, but only in lugnet.starwars. Do you guys think that they will actually reissue some of the StarWars sets a couple years down the road? The X-wing especially, it seems, should be "always available" It is the (...) (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: I'm sorting by color now!

(...) Yep. That's what I've found-- Back when I had about 10-15 thousand pieces, I decided it was high time they were sorted. So I went with the sort-by-color technique. Some colors were not too bad, but mostly, it was hard to see what pieces were (...) (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.build)

  Re: Theme longevity? (Was: Wild West ?!)

(...) Hmm, I can't say when the trend started - it was in my dark ages. :/ (...) I think TLG has/is sticking to it pretty closely - although the rotation period seems to vary a bit - Adventurers seems to be a one year cycle, for example. But we have (...) (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: LegOS 0.2.1

Well, I haven't tried to set this up under windows yet, so I haven't responded. However, I suppose I can give it a try. Can you cut and paste some of the errors? I may be able to diagnose it- not sure. -Luis (...) ###...### Profanity is the one (...) (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Reasons for ending an Ebay Auction (Was Re: Ebay's answer)

Rather than continually cut+paste parts of the ended@ebay.com automessage, I'll include it here for any future reference. I feel that this auction could be ended for reasons: 1, 8, (16|17) and/or 21 depending on what the information is. Oh, and 26 (...) (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.market.theory)

  Various Sets for Sale - Act II Scene I

In which Ray drives across the deep South in search of a stash of 6263s, finds same and returns with those as well as various other small finds. Lightning, driving rain, & thunder effects all punctuate the search for Lego :) I have the following (...) (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  GNU C-Compiler for HC11

A new GCC/HC11 port is available. I had nothing to do with this one, but it looks much better than the GCC-2.8.1 port that I'm maintaining. It uses the full GNU toolchain. (URL) is reported to work with the Handyboard, the BotBoard2, and the (...) (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: The Ultimate LEGO Book Review....

John Neal wrote in message <38210571.901A33B3@u...st.net>... (...) to (...) Oh, good point. I will have to check out this new book. -- Have fun! John My Trade/Sale (and links) Page (URL) weird Lego site: (URL) I can understand where you are coming (...) (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Theme longevity? (Was: Wild West ?!)

(...) well actually it is a 2 yrs period.. with some exceptions. but 2/3 dont bother it is still too short for some sets.... Starwars...it would be a shame if the x-wing dissapears within' 3 years and don't think TLG would make a mistake like that (...) (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: I'm sorting by color now!

(...) Well, I do both, an one to an extreme! I sort all BASIC bricks, plates and bricks, by color and form. So I have one (or multiples) of drawers for white 1x1 bricks, etc. All the other non BASIC bricks, I sort by shape as well. The color doesn't (...) (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.build)

  Re: Wild West ?!

Rose wrote about the western theme: (...) Well true...no need to argue 'bout her words! (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Theme longevity? (Was: Wild West ?!)

(...) What I'd like to know is around when the 3 year period came about. Certainly some time after 1987, when Blacktron, among the first official themes, was introduced. Also, not every series is limited to teh 3 year itch. One that comes readily to (...) (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: BAYLIT suggestions

(...) impacting (...) 3100 (...) ;-) (...) I've JUST descovered your wonderful service, and it would absolutely kill me to lose it before I had a chance to use it. A $25-30ish minimum purchase amount would be great, and force us consumers to wait (...) (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Wild West ?!

David Eaton wrote in message ... (...) that I (...) too! (...) I really like this series. I think that they fit well into the town sets. They are a great "old part of town". Rose (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Thoughts on McPromo Sets

Oops :) Hit send by accident. Here is my real reply. (...) I personally have only tried twice (I really don't like the food) and I got a couple of #1's and 10 #3's. I really just want the sets with pink and purple. I agree that #1 has the best piece (...) (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.promo)

  Re: Wild West ?!

Hmmm and that is the for sale price?! I hope not..... (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.western)

  Re: info on pneumatics

Jonathan (...) Sounds OK to me, what are you using to pump air directly into the pneumatic cylinders? Have you got some sort of electric pump (maybe a homegrown Lego one), a bicycle pump ...?? I quite like the idea of a Lego pump powered with some (...) (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Thoughts on McPromo Sets

(...) (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.promo)

  Re: Castle returns for 2000!

(...) Not really--I'm a nineteenth-century specialist. (I've got the Victoria ones down pretty well, though.) But I'll probably visit old Saxe-Coburg this next fall. Are there any monuments there to him? I'm sure that the money was made available (...) (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Been to Datsville Lately?

John VanZwieten skrev i meddelandet ... (...) Looks nice! But I still think you should move the camera away quite a bit, and diminish the camera angle, to get less perspective distortion. The indoor 'photos' are OK, but outdoors it looks unreal (...) (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Wild West ?!

Too bad noone liked the theme.....if they did, it could have been a nice and big theme with nice trains and wagons, which btw would not look bad in every town, a nice station. What do u think of the way Lego creates a new theme evry 3 years? If only (...) (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Help The Homeless In Legoville!

(...) Ray speaks thusly: I grew up in Florida also, I still live here :) Send on the pink, the pastels, the lavenders. Give me something that resembles 'novelty' (wooden) siding and I will create a 1920s Florida seaside town. Heck, if I had enough (...) (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Wide brown pirate hull center section needed

The subject sums it up for the most part. I need one (two would be nice) brown center hull section for use with a Caribbean Clipper. Buying would probably be easier than arranging a trade, but I'll certain consider it if that's what it takes. I do (...) (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Wild West ?!

(...) $49.99 USD. You can find a lot of this kind of information in the Pause database: (URL) set to lugnet.western] James (URL) (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.western)

  Re: Legofest

Intersecando le disponibilità di Marco e Mario, rimangono i giorni 21, 27 e 28 novembre. Per me vanno tutti bene, aspettiamo ulteriori iscrizioni. Giulio (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.it)

  Any new Lugnetters in Saint Louis area?

-- Have fun! John My Trade/Sale (and links) Page (URL) weird Lego site: (URL) (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.us.mo.stl)

  Re: Caribbean Clipper Cwestion

(...) My number three CC met a natural disaster (my son) and has been reduced to its component parts which lie scattered about. Once the organize-all-lego-parts project gets finished, I will reconstruct it with the ports the "correct" fashion. I (...) (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Wild West ?!

(...) They sat on shelves in Canada for a long time, as well, although it is getting harder to find them. There's still a few places around that I could get them, but they seem to have disappeared from most retailers' shelves. Could be because TRU (...) (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Wild West ?!

What does the Main street box do in u.s In Holland it goes for about 55 dollars... (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Thoughts on McPromo Sets

I have collected McPromo sets #1, #2, #3, and #4 so far and here a couple of thoughts - YMMV. I like #1 the best as I think it contains the most useful bricks and also has the largest number (18) of the first four sets. I also like #3 but really (...) (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.promo)

  Re: Wild West ?!

(...) Well, here in the US, the Wild West sets have just sat on the shelves! Nobody's been buying them (same with Insectoids and UFO), and a lot of stores have been putting them on sale to try and get them out... I'm guessing that overall they (...) (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Toward LUGNET equality

(...) a (...) Oh gawd - there's a lugnet.admin.general and a lugnet.general. Whatever. Please tell me *you* are teasing! Bruce (I'm teasing...*this* time) (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

  Wild West ?!

Hey everybody, Gotta Question... Does anyone know why the wild-west series have been cancelled...? I Know people in Europe rather loved it...I hoped that it would become a complete theme with stations, farms and at least a saloon.... Does anyone (...) (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Site--Comments?

One comment: rainbow-colored text is irritating and difficult to read. IMHO, it's better to stick with one color for text and another for links. -John Van David Pfeffer <lego-robotics@crynwr.com> wrote in message news:NCBBLOCOMLLOOAB...Nik.com... (...) (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Caribbean Clipper Cwestion

So what's up with the cannon port covers on the (6274) Caribbean Clipper? I just got mine form England and I was going through the directions when I noticed that the blue side port covers (flaps) are mounted upside down. They close up instead of (...) (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Would the guilty parties stand up?

Ralph Hempel <rhempel@bmts.com> wrote in message news:000101bf26fd$a1...@pro150... (...) By the looks of things, my jokes didn't go over very well. (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: In what sets do #2 angle connectors come?

(...) 2151 (www.lugnet.com/paus...ry=2151-1) has one of them in gray. Cheaper set, yes, but I'm not sure how easy it is to find anymore. :) Joel (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Rack and Pinion Steering

Ralph Hempel <rhempel@bmts.com> wrote in message news:000001bf263e$d7...@pro150... (...) axis (...) in (...) special (...) the (...) swivels (...) which, (...) pushes the (...) (downward (...) are (...) of (...) shocks, (...) intended (...) rider (...) (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Toward LUGNET equality

(...) No, I wanted to shunt it _away_from_ lugnet.general, not _over_to_ lugnet.general... (are you teasing again? ;-) --Todd [followups to lugnet.admin.general] (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: SHELL - LEGO Promos, in Holland, Belgium and Luxembourg

(...) So $125 USD total? Chris (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Line in the Sand

(...) There hasn't been any discussion on this in almost two weeks. Does everyone like this spec? Any issues? Are you programmers willing to implement this? Is it ready to go to press? Steve (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  In what sets do #2 angle connectors come?

Which sets contain the Technic #2 angle connectors--the ones that are 180 degrees and have a peg hole in the middle? Kevin Loch told me there were a couple in the Super Car, but do they come in any cheaper sets? -John Van (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  SHELL - LEGO Promos, in Holland, Belgium and Luxembourg

Hi All, Im still able to send the SHELL - LEGO sets, if you want some. But they are getting rare, some shops have to get and even getting new supplies. And with the coming of Saint Nicolas, the original of the overseas Santa Claus a lot of parents (...) (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  (canceled)

  Re: Egyptian Temple - A new undertaking

(...) Yeah, I was playing around a bit again last night, and actually, I was finding that 1x slopes and 2x slopes are actually what I might need more of... I also tried making the statues in multicolor grey/tan, but that looked kind of silly against (...) (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: Egyptian Temple - A new undertaking

(...) my (...) entryway, (...) side (...) I'd agree here... black & dark grey would work well - there's a decent selection of black slopes that are fairly easily gotten ahold of, and small dk- grey plates are getting more common in the sets - enough (...) (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: I'm sorting by color now!

(...) I use both methods, shameless mixing and matching. :) My more specialized pieces are sorted function-first. I find it much easier when looking for a red 1x4 arch to search through a (relatively) small drawer of arches, than to sea the (...) (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.build)

  Re: Letter to the LEGO President...

(...) I haven't studied the growth rates, so I can't confirm that hypothesis, but it's safe to say that it numbers well over three thousand. --Todd (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Toward LUGNET equality

(...) I don't think I said anything except a brief note via email to about 5 or 6 people (at once) and said, TSL> ok guys, time to take this off-topic thread out of .general" TSL> TSL> --Todd I don't have any problem with movie lists being discussed (...) (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

Skipped 18 messages in groups lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.off-topic.test (Skip-filter settings)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact