 Promotional / 165
Re: Thoughts on McPromo Sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.promo
Date:
Thu, 4 Nov 1999 22:11:06 GMT

In lugnet.promo, Mike Walsh writes:
I have collected McPromo sets #1, #2, #3, and #4 so far and here a couple of
thoughts - YMMV.

I like #1 the best as I think it contains the most useful bricks and also
has the largest number (18) of the first four sets.  I also like #3 but
really only due to the pink plates.  So far, #2 and #4 have been easy to
find,  #1 somewhat more common but still pretty rare, and #3 very hard to
find.

I have been to probably half a dozen McD's and the price to buy the sets
without the meal is eith $0.99, $1.59, or $1.69.  Unfortunately the McD's
near my office which only charges $0.99 only has had #2 to date.  The McD's
near my house also only charges $0.99 and has had all four sets.

My guess is there is a huge difference in the volume of Happy Meals sold by
the McD near my house as opposed to what is sold at the McD near my office.
I work in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, which if you are not
familiar with the area, is virtually void of residential communities -
everyone  lives in Raleigh (or Cary), Durham, or Chapel Hill and commutes
out to a large office park in the middle of the three cities.

Mike - mike_walsh@mindspring.com
http://members.tripod.com/mike_walsh