 Promotional / 170
Re: Thoughts on McPromo Sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.promo
Date:
Mon, 8 Nov 1999 21:08:20 GMT

On Thu, 4 Nov 1999 21:53:27 GMT, "Mike Walsh" <mike_walsh@mindspring.com> wrote:

I have collected McPromo sets #1, #2, #3, and #4 so far and here a couple of
thoughts - YMMV.

I like #1 the best as I think it contains the most useful bricks and also
has the largest number (18) of the first four sets.  I also like #3 but
really only due to the pink plates.  So far, #2 and #4 have been easy to
find,  #1 somewhat more common but still pretty rare, and #3 very hard to
find.

#1 has the most bricks, and is the best model (what *is* the #2 model?).  But
set #2 has black bricks & slopes.  #3 has the pink plates, and #4 has green
bricks and slopes.

The nice thing about the printed McD slopes is they are smooth, so it will be
easier to remove the printing without totally defacing the brick.

I have been to probably half a dozen McD's and the price to buy the sets
without the meal is eith $0.99, $1.59, or $1.69.  Unfortunately the McD's
near my office which only charges $0.99 only has had #2 to date.  The McD's
near my house also only charges $0.99 and has had all four sets.

So get the number #2's at lunch, take them to your near-home McD's, and trade
them for #3's.  The McD people will most likely *not* have any problem doing
this for you.

Steve