 Promotional / 166
Re: Thoughts on McPromo Sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.promo
Date:
Thu, 4 Nov 1999 22:15:59 GMT

Oops :)  Hit send by accident.  Here is my real reply.

In lugnet.promo, Mike Walsh writes:
I have collected McPromo sets #1, #2, #3, and #4 so far and here a couple of
thoughts - YMMV.

I like #1 the best as I think it contains the most useful bricks and also
has the largest number (18) of the first four sets.  I also like #3 but
really only due to the pink plates.  So far, #2 and #4 have been easy to
find,  #1 somewhat more common but still pretty rare, and #3 very hard to
find.

I personally have only tried twice (I really don't like the food) and I got a
couple of #1's and 10 #3's.  I really just want the sets with pink and purple.
I agree that #1 has the best piece count but all the sets have good useful
pieces except for the printed slopes.  I value the pink and purple sets alot
more just because they contain rare colors.  For the most part the other sets
have pretty common pieces.

Eric

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/