 Local / United States / Massachusetts / Boston / 447
Re: something nelug could do
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos, lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos, lugnet.loc.us.ct, lugnet.loc.us.vt, lugnet.loc.us.nh, lugnet.loc.us.me, lugnet.org.us
Date:
Fri, 5 Nov 1999 01:17:21 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos, Matthew Miller writes:
Ok, so here's something we (or other LUGs, for that matter) could do: try to
arrange a slightly-formal meeting with an actual representative of TLG. We
could show them stuff we've done and talk about how immensely huge the adult
lego fan base is, what they can do for us, and what we can do for them.  It
wouldn't be something that would do immediate magical good and suddenly make
them sell us bulk bricks and non-jrize their product line, but it'd be
interesting to start talking officially. We exist, we represent a lot of
people, and despite our complaining, we really love Lego and can really
offer a lot.

Thoughts?

Perhaps it would be worthwhile to ask the art dept in CT about helping with
a future S@H cover. I'm thinking: lending models for their photographing or
some .dat art made to order...

Usually art directors are open to people who are willing to work for free.
(I was a starving freelance illustrator once) Would be great if you worked a
deal for factory tour or something.

just a thought.

-Suz.