 Robotics / Handy Board / 7040
7039  |  7041
Subject:
Character Arrays
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Fri, 5 Nov 1999 00:37:27 GMT

Hi...

I'm wondering if there's a way to extract an element from a character array the
same way it would be done for an integer array.

For example, when I have:

char foo[]= {1, 2, 3, 4};

char bar(int i)
{
return foo[i];
}

... a zero is returned for each element of the array.  However, if I change
"char" to "int" above, the correct values are returned.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this an IC(v3.1) thing?

thanks,
clay.