Re: NLDA [aka Medieval] Brikwars*
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Fri, 22 Jun 2001 22:06:01 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, David Eaton writes:
In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Suzanne D. Rich writes:
We on Team A have a pretty solid idea of troop / fortification type. I
think what we've built and the style of it are relevant to this
discussion. If everyone will see our stuff on Monday anyway, and we're
building a storyline now, is there any reason to keep this secret?

Not really. Does anyone else from Team B think it's terribly wrong of us to
reveal what we've got? I don't particularly care. It makes for good
planning, I suppose.

But then again, I suppose I wasn't really planning to bring anything to the
meeting-- mine's already as good as scored (I haven't printed out my pages
yet for lack of printer paper and images of my troops)-- Should I bring them?

OK how about this...

Lets say that Team A has captured our ravishingly beautiful princes and have
brought them to their stonghold.  Their goal is to hold her, Team B must rescue
her.

Now in reality Team B would be able to see the fortress and any troops and
weapons visible on the outside.  Team A wouldn't see what Team B had to attack
with until they either "came over the last ridge" or "came out of the forest".

In order to try and make this realistic I say that Team A has to let us see, or
at least describe, what it is we would see approaching the fortress.  If the
fortress has soldiers stationed outside we should know about them.  We would
also know about any soldiers that might be stationed at lookouts or on any
Castle/fortress walls.

Because Team B's task is more difficult I think we should have the element of
supprise.  Now I intend on bringing most of my stuff monday in order to get
help scoring it, but I know for a fact that everything I have will be well in
excess of 300 points if not approaching 1000.  So while Team A would know all
the stuff I have they wouldn't know until we came over that hill what we
decided to bring with us.

I think this gives a bit of realism to the story while doing a little to even
the sides.

What does everyone think of that plan?

Eric Kingsley