Re: NLDA [aka Medieval] Brikwars*
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Thu, 21 Jun 2001 15:06:00 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Eric Kingsley writes:
In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Joe Comeau writes:
Hey Team A, you know what would make this game even more interesteing? If
you guys needed to take something from us, like a grail or parchment showing
that you really don't own the land you've pilfered from the poor peasant
folk. At this point, it doesn't matter too much what it is, but it would be
something that you can see and track. What do you think?

Now if you were asking yourself, I will wait for you to answer yourself but if
you had intended to ask your opponents then I will say I like the idea.  Kind
of a capture the flag type deal.

Yeah, I like the idea-- however just to make the distinction, are we talking
about a 1-sided capture the flag, or will each team have a prize to capture?
I guess the problem being that it adds definite advantages to the team
protecting the "item" if it's only one sided...

But on that note... Since we've never "finished" a game, it's more than
entirely possible that even with only one "flag" per team, we may not
actually see a capture.  How about this:

Each team has 10 points of value to the other team, to be divided amongst
objects in their initial posession (or heck, on the ground if they want--
they can place them). How they want to distribute the points among objects
is up to them, but they can't designate more than 3 points per 1 item (that
means between 4 and 10 objects, all you team A'ers!).

At the start of the game, each object in a team's posession is announced,
but its point value kept secret. As to whether or not their locations should
be obviated, I dunno. I'll leave that up to us later. But suffice to say as
objects are captured (or at the end of the game) point values are announced,
and the final victor is the team with the name "Team B".

But this leaves a lot more intelligent strategy up to the teams, and
unfortunately, we already know that intelligence is voraciously skewed in
our favor, so maybe we should just forget it and give Team A a fighting chance.

DaveE