Re: NLDA [aka Medieval] Brikwars*
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Fri, 22 Jun 2001 18:07:29 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Joe Comeau writes:
Of course, we could even this out fairly easily by letting the team with the
item (Team A) place their troops first. This would then give you guys the
ability to analyze weak spots and place your troops accordingly.

I'm certainly up for it... of course I'll also take that to mean that we'll
fluctuate what troops & weapons we field depending on your inital positioning.

This
definitely is more objective-based than I've seen in the past, but I think
it would be fun. It would also speed up the game a bit buy not wasting time
marching a bunch of troops to the center of the field. Thoughts?

It's certainly different than most of the games we've had in the past-- I've
often wanted to try something where we've got more defined objectives than
simply kill kill kill... I think the only real reason we haven't done this
in the past much is simply due to the difficulty of trying to make it a
"fair fight"-- I think we had discussed it several times before... I'm still
intreuged by things like a castle seige or a secret ops mission or
something. I keep being inspired by the idea Shaun had to play in Dan
Jassim's ship (or something similar)... Have one team the ship's posesser,
and have the other team trying to board, or tyring to recover secret
documents and escape undetected (or at least alive).

Anyway, I'm game. We'll just have to alter strategies a little...

DaveE